Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know if there is a limit to the number of contacts you can link, but you could create a dummy contact named "xxxFBJUNK" I say xxx so it will be at the end of the list. Then link that account to all FB contacts that you do not want as seperate contacts. Not the best fix, but it will clear up the contacts list a little.
    That's a good workaround if you had more fb contacts that are of use to you on the phone than not. In my case though I wouldn't want Just Type searches pulling them up. Maybe I can manually trawl through my fb contacts to add info into the Palm Contact. But the main thing I was missing from this is a) the contact owns their contact details (not me) and B) you get the fb picture updates too.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    if you really want to delete the facebook contacts from your Palm Pre.
    here is a tricky way:

login your palm pre with novacom.

# cd /var/home/root
    # cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 .
    # sqlite3 PalmDatabase.db3 < delfb.sql

and then copy the PalmDatabase.db3 back to the folder in /var/luna/data/dbdata/

delfb.sql
    ==== cut here ====
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_pim_Person where id in (select com_palm_pim_Person_id from com_palm_pim_Contact where syncSource='facebook');
    delete from com_palm_pim_Contact where syncSource='facebook';
    .quit
    ==== cut here ====
    so if you want to just delete "someone" from the facebook sync contacts.

=== cut here ===
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    delete from com_palm_pim_Person where id in (select com_palm_pim_Person_id from com_palm_pim_Contact where syncSource='facebook' and firstName='someone_firstname' and lastName='someone_lastname');
    delete from com_palm_pim_Contact where syncSource='facebook' and firstName='someone_firstname' and lastName='someone_lastname';
    .quit
    === cut here ===
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12