View Poll Results: Can you connect to EAS?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CAN connect.

47 45.19%
  • Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CANNOT connect.

35 33.65%
  • Your Exchange server does NOT use SSL, and you CAN connect.

10 9.62%
  • Your Exchange server does NOT use SSL, and you CANNOT connect.

12 11.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As it says, please indicate if you're able to get EAS working. Scenarios include:

1. Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CAN connect without problems
    2. Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CANNOT connect without problems.
    2. Your Exchange server does not use SSL, and you CAN connect without problems.
    3. Your Exchange server does not use SSL, and you CANNOT connect without problems.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    My Exchange server does not use SSL, and I cannot get EAS to work.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Use IMAP.

If you want to use Direct Push - EAS, it requires SSL, at least for 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by axthereo View Post
    Use IMAP.

If you want to use Direct Push - EAS, it requires SSL, at least for 2007.
    That depends on the server setup. We don't use SSL.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    As it says, please indicate if you're able to get EAS working. Scenarios include:

3. Your Exchange server does not use SSL, and you CANNOT connect without problems.
    Option #3 for me. Quite frustrating, actually.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm connected to 2 exchange accounts with my work....its AWESOME....2 exchange accounts is HUGE! :-) I hope you guys can fix your issues!
  7.    #7  
    In my case, my Exchange server does not use SSL, and I can't get past the "can't verify identity" error. At least, I don't think we're using SSL, but if we are, I'd expect to get that error. Very frustrating.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    My server does not use SSL and I can't get connected. There were some palm reps in our store when I got the phone, first thing I did was try to connect... no luck. I am through 3 escalations now. Same problem with my treo 800 when I got it, but there was a check box to disable the SSL requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    In my case, my Exchange server does not use SSL, and I can't get past the "can't verify identity" error. At least, I don't think we're using SSL, but if we are, I'd expect to get that error. Very frustrating.
    That's my issue, as well. I see no option to choose no SSL anywhere.
    Here's to hoping update 1.0.3 has a little checkbox for SSL

We don't use SSL in our office and I cannot get it to work.
    Brandon
    Ok, the two guys that checked option #3, "NO SSL, IS working", please share how you got this working. Pretty pretty pretty please.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Ok, the two guys that checked option #3, "NO SSL, IS working", please share how you got this working. Pretty pretty pretty please.
    haha...I was wondering the same thing.
    Brandon
    send your IT guys some donuts first thing monday morning.
    I use a host service and I was on in the time it took me to type in all the info. Bada boom, done.

Now I would like to do GMail just as POP and it will not let me. Stinks.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I have a different problem. I'm connecting to a Zimbra server with EAS and SSL, and while it fetches my older mail, new mail won't come in after the first sync.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Option 3 for me also...at first I was able to connect and see my folder list in exchange but i wouldn't get any emails or contacts or calendar items. So i kept trying different things now i just keep getting invalid username and password
    We're running Exchange 2003 with SSL. E-mail and contacts work, but no joy on the calendar.
    my work has the SSL certificate but it's not registered.. and i want to "continue anyway" but there is no option like that.
    This may be a dumb question but how do i know if my exchange uses ssl?

It has s/mime control, same thing? completly meaningless?

Thanks!
    Maybe dumb, but if your exchange server does not use SSL wouldn't you just change the incomming server address from HTTPS: ... to HTTP: .... ???

We have the SSL / private cert setup so I don't have an easy way to test that, but otherwise why are they providing the option?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast