View Poll Results: Can you connect to EAS?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CAN connect.

47 45.19%
  • Your Exchange server uses SSL, and you CANNOT connect.

35 33.65%
  • Your Exchange server does NOT use SSL, and you CAN connect.

10 9.62%
  • Your Exchange server does NOT use SSL, and you CANNOT connect.

12 11.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthecho View Post
    Have an Exchange 2007 server with an Equifax signed, globablly trusted cert.
    When I try and sync, I can see only the folders in my Exchange mailboxes - no mail messages, contacts, or calendar items come down.
    Was promised on Saturday a Palm Tier 2 technician would call me back within 24-48 hours...still haven't heard from Palm.
    Was working with an awesome Sprint support tech...who unfortunately has Tuesday-Fridays off...and haven't heard a word from Sprint since he left work.

Starting to get really frustrated and disappointed in my new $600 device.
    I had the exact same issue (folders brought down, but no email/contacts/calendar), and found out that Exchange 2007 must have SP1. After getting our Exchange server updated to SP1, everything works perfectly.

Apparently Palm knows about this issue and is "working on it". For now, this fix should get you up and running (if you're able to talk your Exchange admins into installing SP1).
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthecho View Post
    Have an Exchange 2007 server with an Equifax signed, globablly trusted cert.
    When I try and sync, I can see only the folders in my Exchange mailboxes - no mail messages, contacts, or calendar items come down.
    Was promised on Saturday a Palm Tier 2 technician would call me back within 24-48 hours...still haven't heard from Palm.
    Was working with an awesome Sprint support tech...who unfortunately has Tuesday-Fridays off...and haven't heard a word from Sprint since he left work.

Starting to get really frustrated and disappointed in my new $600 device.
    I have to change my vote. Upgrading from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2007 SP1 resolved my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    I had the exact same issue (folders brought down, but no email/contacts/calendar), and found out that Exchange 2007 must have SP1. After getting our Exchange server updated to SP1, everything works perfectly.

Apparently Palm knows about this issue and is "working on it". For now, this fix should get you up and running (if you're able to talk your Exchange admins into installing SP1).
    Heh. Thanks for that info. Being one of the Exchange admins at my job, I was able to update...pity they didn't mention this requirement on the front-end and save me days of frustration.
    i have non ssl exchange server, and i was able to get on.

One thing i would recommend is checking your user name, in my case the email i received for activation had my full email address, but the actual user name was Firstname.Lastname_Partialcompanyname, and in the email i received it was Firstname.Lastname@Fullcompanyname

Also user names are extremely case sensitive.
    I was able to connect, but the only folder that is showing is the Outbox and the test email i sent from there isn't leaving the outbox. any suggestions? also...anyone that has successfully connected, can you please supply us with the steps taken to do so?
    We think we might have the issue resolved. You must delete the default activesync policy via the command shell and re-create. it seems there are certain things in the default policy that restrict some activesync features.
    Well I have a story to tell. It's a little long winded, sorry in advance.

I have an SBS 2003 server with a signed certificate.

I have two users with PREs.

One user was able to connect to Exchange and it works perfectly.

The other user gets the dreaded empty outbox only, no synching of mail, calendar or contacts. The phone definitely does not behave the way it's supposed to after entering in all the information and pressing sign on. Usually it says "syncing Exchange account"

I thought at first it was his user account. The reason why I say this, is that a few months ago, I tried to configure EAS for the same user with an IPOD touch. It was unsuccessful. I have other Iphone devices working fine with EAS on the same network. I gave up on the IPOD and setup the account with IMAP.

The user, let's say his name is Bill Smith, username was Bill, but his primary email alias was BSmith. My first thought was that at some point his alias was Bill and it was changed to BSmith, and that was hosing it up. So I exported all mail using ExMerge, deleted the account and recreated a new one with Bill as the username and BSmith as the email alias. I setup the account on the phone. The phone behaved like it was supposed to. I started reimporting his mailbox from the server. Little by little the data started coming into the phone. I started rejoicing.

After some time passed, I noticed that new emails in Outlook were not showing up on the phone. Forcing a recheck did not work. I deleted the account and input it again. Same problem as at first empty outbox.
    I also was unable to get IMAP to work, invalid password error. May have had to do with the username and alias being different.

So, I deleted the account again and created a new one. This time I made the username and alias the same, BSmith. Configured the account on the phone ok. Could see the inbox, sent items, etc. Two items in the inbox. Good. Started the importing process again. Same deal once it finished importing, new messages not showing up on the phone. The user tried to reply to several emails. They would get stuck in the Outbox and never leave. Removing the account on the phone and re-inputing netted the same problem, empty outbox.

I then decided to try his account on the other user's Pre, the working one. I deleted the existing account and setup BSmith. Same deal, empty outbox.

Then I started thinking possibly it was the mailbox size, over 1 gig, but the working user's mailbox is also over 1 gig.

The non-working user also has may subfolders in the inbox as opposed to the working user. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

I setup BSmith with IMAP for the time being until this bug is worked out.
    Unfortunately he cannot reply to emails using IMAP, even with authentication turned on. I can't win.

I thought I would tell my story if it helped anyone avoid wasting the whole day going though the same steps. I think my case it a little more unique in that I had two Pre to use, one that worked and one that doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by opper View Post
    We think we might have the issue resolved. You must delete the default activesync policy via the command shell and re-create. it seems there are certain things in the default policy that restrict some activesync features.
    Can you elaborate on exactly what you did and did this resolve the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    send your IT guys some donuts first thing monday morning.
    I don't eat donuts in the morning .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123