1.    #1  
    If I try to setup my EAS account with my IP address as I have done on my Treo, centros and Ipod Touch devices. We just bought F new shiny Palm Pres and we can't get our info from our Exchange server.

Any suggestions until Palm fixes it.

Carl Brooks
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    go buy a domain name for $6 and assign it to that ip? :P
    If you do a reverse DNS lookup on the IP, does it give you a long form like 123-99-101-23.metro.whatever.isp.net that you could use?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is it Exchange 2003 or 2007 and are you using Direct Push or is it IMAP?
    Because Push requires the exchange server to have SSL and requires FQDN.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    go buy a domain name for $6 and assign it to that ip? :P
    $6??? Sheesh. Where are you buying your domains? Or can you not say? I thought $20 was cheap, but admittedly I do not buy domains often.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    If I try to setup my EAS account with my IP address as I have done on my Treo, centros and Ipod Touch devices. We just bought F new shiny Palm Pres and we can't get our info from our Exchange server.

Any suggestions until Palm fixes it.

Carl Brooks
    I am running into the same problem. If you put in an IP address and not a .com URL, the Sign In button will not work.

I tried setting up a Dynamic DNS address (dyndns.org) but I am not sure that will work given the certificate identification.

Going to call Palm tech support on this one!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    My IT guy told me that my EAS should work by using our webmail.mycompanyname.com as our mail server, no go. Is this the same problem? I have been forced to use IMAP until someone can figure it out, frustrating when I want my Exchange calendar to sync...
    Ugh.

you can't have ssl with an IP only address. Certs are designed to use common names, i.e. domain names. you need to register a domain name, get your hostnames squared away to match IP addresses, and then get yourself a REAL certificate from someplace like GoDaddy for your Exchange server. they are waaaaay cheaper than using Verisign, etc.

And it also depends on what version of Exchange you are running. if its 2003, its pretty straightforward to do the cert. If you have an Exchange 2007 server, it requires you to use the Exchnage powershell to generate the signing request and then apply the cert or its not going to work correctly.
  9.    #9  
    I just spoke with Sprint/Palm and they indicated that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix to be included with an WebOS update. They are NOT able to provide a timeframe, Me and 2 other managers are SOL until this is fixed.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Lots of EAS improvements in webOS 1.1 -- check the release notes on Palm support pages (or install the update).