1.    #1  
    I can't figure out how too sync my contacts and Calendar with Outlook. Any suggestions????
    You'll have to: Move everything to GMail or move to an Exchange service or wait until a 3rd party program comes out for desktop sync.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    As of right now, there is no local sync.
    Verizon
    is outlook local, or on an exchange, gmail, msn.. ect?

as stated above, for now there is no local sync, only over the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    I can't figure out how too sync my contacts and Calendar with Outlook. Any suggestions????
    Dude, come on.. for cripes sake. This topic was already made. As well as my solution inside of it. Why... WHY!!!
    There are two products coming soon that will sync with Outlook.

PocketMirror by Chapura
    Microsoft Outlook sync software for your Palm and password management software for your PC

The Missing Sync by Mark/Space
    Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Palm Pre from MarkSpace
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    Here is an FYI on how I have my Outlook info connected to my Pre

NOTE: I'm coming from a Treo & wasn't sure about this "cloud" thing... but think about it..with the touchstone and the solution below means you will NEVER have to connect you Pre to a cable or PC again.... pretty cool!!! (now I'm a believer)

#1. I set-up a Google Account

#2. I bought a product called "gSyncit" for $10
    This software syncs both calendar and contacts between Outlook & Google
    (Note: Google has a free utility but it only syncs your calendar)
    (I know there are other sync products out there, but the free ones didn't work for me and the others were a lot more money)

#3. Once your info is in Google, your phone will download the info.

#4. I've tested it all ways and it seems to work.

#5. The only issue is when I add a calendar event in my Pre, it seems to take some time for it show-up in Google. Is this normal??? Any ideas????

I hope there will be a ToDo and Notes sync solution between Outlook, Google and the Pre.

Hope this helps!!!

YMMV
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Dude, come on.. for cripes sake. This topic was already made. As well as my solution inside of it. Why... WHY!!!
    Instead of being critical be helpful. Provide a link to your solution.

You should apply to be a forum Moderator. It seems like an amature hobbie of yours already. It's true this has been discussed..but why get so disgruntled? <helpful!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  11.    #11  
    Instead of being critical be helpful. Provide a link to your solution.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    i gotta side on NM08 on this one... these forums have a great feature called "Search" that would totally make redundant threads a thing of the past. But too many people are too lazy to use it. If they won't take the time to search, why should we take the time to find the thread, copy the link, then repost into another identical thread?

I'm with you NM08... (thx 4 the help btw... did you see on the front page of PreCentral the other app that's coming out... http://www.precentral.net/missing-sync-come-palm-pre)
    I agree it was covered in the other threads. For some reason I still did not understand and thought EAS was somehow different than MS Direct Push now that I was trying to get it to work on my Pre. It's not different and I got it to work by following the instructions on the other thread...which are pretty much the same for every other device I've ever used w/ Direct Push.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    i gotta side on NM08 on this one... these forums have a great feature called "Search" that would totally make redundant threads a thing of the past. But too many people are too lazy to use it. If they won't take the time to search, why should we take the time to find the thread, copy the link, then repost into another identical thread?

I'm with you NM08... (thx 4 the help btw... did you see on the front page of PreCentral the other app that's coming out... http://www.precentral.net/missing-sync-come-palm-pre)
    Good for you..If only more people were like you and that other guy this world would be a better place. I wish I was more like you, you seem so cool.
    Ironically this is what I have been researching all day, since all of my contacts are in Outlook and my calendar is in Outlook and no exchange server.

I am doing exactly what one of the posters said above, but I believe mine is free. I did my search from Outlook and came upon this link:

Google Calendar Sync: Overview - Google Calendar Help
    with a link to download the google calender synch.

Getting ahead of myself.

First, you need a Gmail account. I had one, but wanted a clean one specifically for my office calendar (i later found out that the pre can view several gmail calendars at once). Anyway, get your gmail account set up, then set up the gmail calendar settings the way that you want. Download the google calender synch link and set it up (very easy, only 2 or 3 options, and can have it automatically synch, can have a 1-way or 2-way synch, that is about it).

Once the synch is going, add the gmail account to your phone in the e-mail account settings. Takes a second, but VIOLA! calendar is now synching from Outlook to Gmail Calendar to your phone, and vice versa if you have it set up that way.

Other throw ins.

There are options in your phone calendar settings to make this calendar your default calendar so this is what will show up instead of the other calendars (took me a few min to figure out why I couldn't automatically see it): Under calender > preferences & accts > you can choose which one is your default calendar.

If you want to synch your Outlook contacts into your Gmail to synch with your phone, from outlook, choose to export to a file, comma delimited, then to a ical format then go into your GMail account and import the file (can't remember the exact instructions but you can look it up in your outlook help just type in export contacts into gmail). Course not an automatic, this is a one-time export.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions. Mine is working beautifully.

Sheryl
    am i the only one who found the program on palm website?
    Palm.com : Data Transfer Assistant (Windows)

Just connect as USB drive, and then run that program and it will sync all your contacts from outlook, as well as memo, tasks and calender events
    Quote Originally Posted by ia517 View Post
    am i the only one who found the program on palm website?
    Palm.com : Data Transfer Assistant (Windows)

Just connect as USB drive, and then run that program and it will sync all your contacts from outlook, as well as memo, tasks and calender events
    I did find that... and stated in the other thread, it's not working for me.

I get to the screen where it says to hook up the Pre to my computer and then hit "USB Mode", I do that but the "Next" button doesn't ungrey out for me, therefore I can't get past that screen to continue the process.

The Pre shows up as an HD in My Computer and everything. I'm using Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.
    Scramer...thank you for posting the information. I'll use the Google Calendar Sync until more robust applications are available.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    The google calender sync ony works for outlook 2003 and later.