Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    damn it's sweet. the holy grail. and FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    damn it's sweet. the holy grail. and FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cant set it up, can u detail setting please
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    cant set it up, can u detail setting please
    1. set up a GMAIL email address and enable IMAP in settings at Google.com via PC.
    2. set up that GMAIL email address on the PRE and make sure you select Get Mail "AS ITEMS ARRIVE" in the settings.
    Yeah, it is really sweet! They come almost as fast as outlook!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    1. set up a GMAIL email address and enable IMAP in settings at Google.com via PC.
    2. set up that GMAIL email address on the PRE and make sure you select Get Mail "AS ITEMS ARRIVE" in the settings.
    did it and i get login credentials rejected.
  6.    #6  
    check your login and pw. then recheck and check it again until it works. check the desktop too.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    set up imap gmail on pre?
    Enable IMAP in your gmail account. Then just type in your username/pass in the email app.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  9.    #9  
    2. set up that GMAIL email address on the PRE and make sure you select Get Mail "AS ITEMS ARRIVE" in the settings and you will have INSTANT PUSH REAL TIME EMAIL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!
    3. tell all of your friends, family, online companies of your new home gmail email.
    4. go into your OLD email settings and have them forwarded to your NEW Gmail address if you can - just in case you miss people.

Google.com
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Won't that poll Gmail's server way too often and cause battery drain?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had this problem too...change your password on your gmail account.

Not sure why but something in gmail's servers weren't authenticating me until I did...perhaps it is because my password hadn't been changed since before Gmail had IMAP support.
    Any way to get GMAIL to archive instead of delete when deleted through the mail app?
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Won't that poll Gmail's server way too often and cause battery drain?
    It doesn't poll Gmail's server at all. Basically, it connects and goes to sleep, only waking up when there's a new message. It actually can save battery life, depending on how many emails you get.

I mean, if I get an email every half hour on average, but I need to see it relatively instantly, using pull, I'd have to set it to check every five minutes, which would be 12 active connections an hour, even if it only downloads two emails in that hour. With IMAP Idle/ push, you only make an active connection when the message comes in, which means that you're only checking twice an hour, in that scenario.

But, if you get a ton of emails often, then it can use more battery than pulling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Any way to get GMAIL to archive instead of delete when deleted through the mail app?
    Enable advanced IMAP controls in Google Labs (the beaker in settings).

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but even after deleting the messages, they remain in the "all mail" folder. Just a quirk of the way that Google does IMAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Enable advanced IMAP controls in Google Labs (the beaker in settings).

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but even after deleting the messages, they remain in the "all mail" folder. Just a quirk of the way that Google does IMAP.
    Ahh, perfect! Thanks
    Developer of:

You can choose to not have the all mail folder in imap settings via google labs
    This should be stickied.
    How do I get the messages to not go to the trash? On my iPod, I set the delete location to "[Gmail]\All Mail" and that does the trick. On the Pre, doing the same thing causes them to stay in my inbox. I want the delete action on the pre to move them to the "All Mail" folder and make them not show up in my inbox.
    Global Posts
    20,065 Global Posts
    Good to know. Now all my email accounts will push.

MobileMe, Yahoo and Gmail. My iPhone doesn't do that for Gmail yet.
    I have all the setting listed above in both my pre and online at Gmail. For some reason, it won't push to my phone. There are 3 new emails sitting in Gmail, but even when I refresh the inbox on my phone, they don't show up. Any suggestions??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast