Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodcrab View Post
    Success,

I had to pull the certificate while I was logged into AKO Webmail. It is under Safety, Security Report. Then just follow the instructions for exporting that certificate into your Pre listed above. I can send and receive which is better than I had on my HTC Touch.

Thanks All
    How did you get to the point to pull that certificate. Like you mentioned in an earlier post, I still can't get past the initial AKO log in screen on the browser because I can't clearly access the "I accept" button on the splash page. How did you get by that?

What final settings did you use to set up the sync: EAS, IMAP or POP?

Thanks for your help.

James
    Well I contacted the team at the Beta mail site and had an account created and my ako mail forwarded there. Once they did that I could connect with it via EAS. It works great.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    That's great. Do you happen to know if they put you on Echange 2007 or 2010? when you put the settings in did you use mail.beta.army.mil or owa.something.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by eodcrab View Post
    Success,

I had to pull the certificate while I was logged into AKO Webmail. It is under Safety, Security Report. Then just follow the instructions for exporting that certificate into your Pre listed above. I can send and receive which is better than I had on my HTC Touch.

Thanks All
    All,

First off, I am now on Beta - wow that was much simpler to set up. I guess the "average Joe" in the Army shouldn't be authorized the ability to be productive. If anyone figures out how to get their Conus account on their Pre, please let me know.

Back to Pre - pre beta - I followed all the instructions on getting the certificates but it still didn't work. I then logged into AKO Webmail and exported the certificate using the quoted instructions above. I was using IMAP at the time.

Of course the next day - I was hooked on the Beta program. I hope this helps.

Joe
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    All,

I just received some feedback from AKO Beta folks:

"Just got an answer that itís a bug with the Palm and they are aware of it

There's a known device-side bug with Palm Pre and E14. In short the Palm Pre asks to speak the EAS14 protocol, but then expects to get server traffic as per the EAS12.1 protocol. Palm is aware of the issue and working on a fix."

Anyway, I am having them migrate me back to Beta 2007 from OWA 2010 as the technician said folks were having no issues after certs. were loaded. I will let you know how it goes.
    So anyluck with this?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I don't know. I requested to stay on Exchange 2007 until Palm gets this worked out. The only change I had to make was to use https://owa.beta.army.mil my url instead of mail.beta.... As far as I know Exchange 2010 still isn't working but I haven't tested it to find out.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    thanks for the great info. Just got my Pre today, was able to get the certs installed and IMAP worked great!

So, what's the gist of the beta AKO, what benefits does it provide, especially what does it give you on the Pre?

Thanks again for the great info!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I've been on the AKO Beta program for quite a few years now so I don't know what the regular AKO is like on the Pre. But Beta just went to Exchange 2010 and it works great on the Pre. I really can't compare it because I don't know how the other one looks. But everything works flawlessly on the Pre...you can access the GAL (Global Address List, so you can look up anyone that is on AKO and even call them), sync your calendar, tasks, etc.... I know they are still taking people for the beta so just send them an email if you're interested. I think you can just go to https://www.beta.army.mil and then the directions are there.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Many thanks to Karl for his excellent help with this. Yes, the Pre now supports Exchange 2010. And with the next WebOS release (1.2) it will provide support for Exchange Security Policies that force you to have device lock turned on before allowing mail sync (among other things).

One note of clarification - I do not work for AKO... I am the Mobile Program Lead for the AT Beta program.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masonjam View Post
    How did you get to the point to pull that certificate. Like you mentioned in an earlier post, I still can't get past the initial AKO log in screen on the browser because I can't clearly access the "I accept" button on the splash page. How did you get by that?

What final settings did you use to set up the sync: EAS, IMAP or POP?

Thanks for your help.

James
    Any luck with this? I had the same error, and realized that my certificates had been deleted out of the certificate manager somehow. I went back in and reinstalled (trust), and AKO works just fine over IMAP. I don't have folders yet, though, still trying to figure that out.
    Todd
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    Any luck with this? I had the same error, and realized that my certificates had been deleted out of the certificate manager somehow. I went back in and reinstalled (trust), and AKO works just fine over IMAP. I don't have folders yet, though, still trying to figure that out.
    Todd
    Did you try using EAS? With the beta at least, AKO works like a dream using EAS. I don't know for sure how regular AKO would work but it would be worth a try.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Did you try using EAS? With the beta at least, AKO works like a dream using EAS. I don't know for sure how regular AKO would work but it would be worth a try.
    yes, I tried EAS, but the regular username and passwords don't work on the Beta site, you have to have the BETA account. This is the same way I had it on my Treo 800, but using FlexMail; had all my folders and files no problem.
    I dont know if it was the certs or what and i know it came off a t-mobile site but it seemed to have worked on my pre so for now i guess it's worth a try if all else fails.....

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/boar...age.uid=155610

Try IMAP

Incoming Server: imap.us.army.mil

SMTP (Outgoing): mailrouter.us.army.mil

Make sure you tell it to always Use SSL it should change port to 993

SSL for outgoing should change port to 465.

Try that
    I've done everything to the letter, but for some reason, it will not populate anything after I've saved it to my Pre. So I can never get to the "trust" portion to add my AKO Beta. Any insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by masonjam View Post
    I am attempting to set up my Pre for AKO email (Army Knowledge Online). I have used basic AKO (not the beta, OWA or exchange-based) for years on my Treo devices, but I can't make the Pre work. The only option NOT available on the Pre that was in Versamail is the Outgoing mail server authentication option "Use authentication (ESMTP)."

I have used every possible POP and IMAP config that I can think of to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Most outgoing only POP mail still has to use smtp.sprintpcs.com and use the logon to your sprint account in authenication.

This is what you used on your Treo as well.

That's what works for me.

The mail isn't stamped that it came from sprint, it just needs to use it's relay system not your company or this AKO thing.

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Nevermind. I had to install the .cer in the ccr at Trusted, then export; the owa.beta didn't work but the mail.beta did. This took forever, but at least now I can install the .cer on my husband's Pre too.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Just a reminder - Advanced Technologies maintains a FAQ site at https://www.beta.army.mil. This site includes directions for downloading and installing DoD Root Certificates as well as setting up Beta Mail on your Pre.

You WILL NOT find instructions for setting up standard AKO email on this site.
    I finally got AKO (the normal AKO) set up as IMAP on my palm pre. You have to go to this site DoD Class 3 PKI - Obtaining the Root CA Certificate download the first two certificates to your browser. Then find your certificate manager and export those two .cer files to your phone's downloads folder (while it's hooked up as usb). Then follow the instructions here AKO - Email - Configure Outlook IMAP you must use imap.us.army.mil as incoming mail server with SSL encryption (port 993), then mailrouter.us.army.mil as the outgoing server (use authentication turned ON) with SSL again selected (port 465) that setup worked perfectly for me after months of trying. The "hard" part is downloading and exporting the certificates. I just clicked them all at the aforementioned webpage then in firefox went to tools>options>advanced> and clicked view certificates, then exported them. I hope it works for you too!!! now where are MSN and YAHOO messengers!!!!
    I've followed all the steps to install the certificate, manually set up the server information, etc., but I'm still getting the error message: "The server's security certificate is not a trusted certificate." Can anybody help?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast