Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, I did a quick search for this but only found answers relating to the Outlook Exchange server. Being just a home user of the Calendar feature of Outlook 07, I've used ActiveSync to sync my IPaq to my calendar and vice versa.

So here comes the question... can I still use this (or another Pre program) to sync Outlook to my new Pre? If so, does this just happen once or can it be done infinite times? I would rather not have to create a Google ICal just to sync the two but that seems to be my only option...

Thanks in advance!

edit - can the program also do the contacts?
    Here's what you gotta do.

With Google, you need to Import your calendar to Google. How do you do this?

Go to outlook, open up your calender, go to File, Import/Export. Select Export. You'll have two selections on the top, (Dos) and (Windows). Select Windows, and then select something like Comma Spaced Card or something, next screen will ask you where to save it as, hit browse and save it do your desktop or documents folder. I labled mine Calender.

From there, Go into your google calender, go into your settings on there for calender, and select import. Navigate to your location where you saved your calender. From there, it will import all your apointments.

Do the same for your contacts if necessary. You should be good to go. If you need more help, LMK because I can install my 2003 version and help you out more. I'm going off of memory.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I can't read your post. It's nuclear waste green.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Hey man, thx 4 the quick response.

I was hoping NOT to have to do the whole 'import into Google' thing. I know that puts me at odds with, well most everyone, but here's to hoping!

ActiveSync won't work? Can't create a new partnership?
    From my understanding, and not having one. I heard that there is syncing software to move that stuff directly to the phone from your computer. But again, it might be the same import/export method, vs putting ot on the calender from Google. Again, IDK. I was watching the 2nd video from Phonedog and he was mentioning it briefly on there.
    google calendar actually has an Outlook synch function, time interval can be adjusted.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Here's what you gotta do.

With Google, you need to Import your calendar to Google. How do you do this?

Go to outlook, open up your calender, go to File, Import/Export. Select Export. You'll have two selections on the top, (Dos) and (Windows). Select Windows, and then select something like Comma Spaced Card or something, next screen will ask you where to save it as, hit browse and save it do your desktop or documents folder. I labled mine Calender.

From there, Go into your google calender, go into your settings on there for calender, and select import. Navigate to your location where you saved your calender. From there, it will import all your apointments.

Do the same for your contacts if necessary. You should be good to go. If you need more help, LMK because I can install my 2003 version and help you out more. I'm going off of memory.

Do you happen to know how many Categories the Pre contacts app can handle? I use Outlook and my categories for contacts number almost 100.

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    yeah, see, i was hoping NOT to have to use yet another service to sync (aka Google)...
    Chapura is (or has?) come/ing up with a version of Pocket Mirror to sync with Outlook vie WiFi. Search the forums here for Chapura and you should find it.

Oh and your green font is incredibly hard to read on the default white background of the forums.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, I did a quick search for this but only found answers relating to the Outlook Exchange server. Being just a home user of the Calendar feature of Outlook 07, I've used ActiveSync to sync my IPaq to my calendar and vice versa.

So here comes the question... can I still use this (or another Pre program) to sync Outlook to my new Pre? If so, does this just happen once or can it be done infinite times? I would rather not have to create a Google ICal just to sync the two but that seems to be my only option...

Thanks in advance!

edit - can the program also do the contacts?
    In one of the reviews or one of the videos on the main page of this site, they did say that there is an application that will sync the Pre to Outlook on you PC.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'm looking into the Chapura thing...

As for the video, yes it did say that. But it also said that it was a "one time thing." I'm looking to continue sync-ing my Pre with my home computer.