1.    #1  
    Anyone else having issues sending an IM to someone on GTalk? I am showing that I am online, and so are they. But they are not showing up in my buddies list and it refuses to send the message because of it.

If they are offline, I can understand their not showing up in buddies, but online? If I try to "add" a buddy it still can't send the request to add.

Am I just clueless???
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When I set up my Gmail account, it went ahead and set up a GTalk account as well. Which sucks, because I don't use that GMail account for GTalk - I have another one. When I try to add a new GTalk account I keep getting that it can't find the server.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm probably just being incredibly dense, but htf do you add a buddy onto your gmail buddy list while using the Pre? I had to create a gmail account for my GF when I got her a Pre, and for the life of me, I couldn't add her account to my buddy list. The obvious fix, of course, was to log in on my computer and manually add her to my buddy list via the old fashioned way. So to sum up, it seems like it ported all of the gmail contacts I didn't want, and won't let me add the ones I do!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    That's been my experience with GMail in general. I use Pigin (www.pigin.im) for my PC IM client since it speaks all flavors, and I always have to go through GTalk to add a new user. Dunno why, but that's what happens.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I think I figured out my GTalk server timing out issue - I disconnected from my home wireless and just went over EVDO and it connected. So maybe a router issue (shouldn't be - I don't block anything going out!) or a RoadRunner issue.