Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 192
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I wonder if I can get to my OWA page by using my SecurID token... hrm...
    I can verify that OWA w/ SecureID login works for me. No issues logging in.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I can't wait for someone to release a hack to get RID of the PIN requirement. I had it on my WM phone. I can't stand having my phone lock all the time. I understand the security measure, but I've never had an issue.
    There is a way in the WinMo registry to disable the PIN requirements. This is only after the fact once you have synched with the EAS though. If the device can't support pins to begin with like the Pre, you are SOL. Very doubtful there will be any kind of hack available soon to spoof the Exchange server into thinking your device can support PINs when it can't. I would not be surprised to see this in a future update though. It's not like Palm just didn't realize this would be useful. Either it was more difficult to implement that we think or they did not have time.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by spaine View Post
    I thought someone on the thread said if you selected that you needed to make a secure connection [SSL?] and the server did not require device pinlock that it would work if you could get your Exchange certificate on the Pre.

    Answer) This is accurate. As long as your Exchange server does not require any additional security policies that the device does not support.

    Quote Originally Posted by spaine View Post
    I did not find anywhere on the Microsoft EAS set up screen on the Pre the option to tell the Pre that SSL was required. It only asks for email address, server web address, domain name, user name and password. With all of that, I still get "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported."
    Answer) This part of the setup is NOT very clear on the Pre. The device does not have a seperate field to use port 443 for SSL. YOU HAVE TO INSERT THE SERVER NAME IN THE FORM OF AN SSL WEB ADDRESS, example 'https://my.servername.net.'

    You might be able to use 'https://my.servername.net:444' for example if you organization uses a non standard tcp port number other than 443 but I have no way of testing this. Should work though if needed.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjuice View Post
    Same issue with Security policies....you would think that this is basic for exchange...palm should of included this out of the box. my policy states the phone must have a simple pin(4digits), and phone must lock after 10min of inactivity, also phone will wipe if password is entered incorrectly 10 times. This does not seem to be too much to ask...Palm please fix in 30day or I will have to return my beautiful PRE and get the iPhone! Must....sync....exchange! And I can't even fake it with the desktop sync....at least that would of gotten me by!
    Ok I spoke to my IT Admin (helps that I am one of the IT Directors ) and he was able to disable the security policies for just me. Yea! Now I am able to sync. Without compromising everyone else. We won't do this for anyone else but at least this means that I can keep my Pre! I hear Palm is working on it....hopefully they will fix it soon. No need to return...I LOVE this thing!
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I really hope they fix this soon...
    I know this sounds like I'm nit-picking, but it's not a "fix", it's an update. EAS (Exchange Active Sync) is a suite of protocols and applications. There are features that are supported by some clients, and others that aren't. For whatever reason, (I don't know if it's a licensing issue, was just taking too long to implement, or just a target market choice) Palm decided not to implement certain features.
  6. #146  
    Our firm has a remote server and apparently a separate mail server. (one starts with remote.xxx-yyy.com/exchange and the other is mail.xxx-yyy.com.)

    I managed to d/l the cert for the mobile site by browsing to it through firefox on my computer. T'ferred it to my pre and can now access the remote server fine. The CN on the cert is the same as the fqdn. (i.e remote.xxx-yyy.com).

    But I still have a cert problem with the mail server where I sync with EAS. I have installed the root cert from the main server to try and access "mail.xxx-yyy.com." Unfortunately, I'm getting the dreaded date/time message. In this case, the CN on the cert is simply "xxx" and it does not have the "-yyy" portion or the ".com" portion of the domain name.

    In another thread, one poster indicated that there was a problem with the pre recognizing multiple CNs. It would only recognize the first.

    I'm thinking my problem may be that the pre is looking for only "xxx" but is finding "xxx-yyy" and determining that they don't match.

    FWIW, this same cert worked fine with my 700p and I had no problem syncing with EAS.

    Any thoughts?
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I know this sounds like I'm nit-picking, but it's not a "fix", it's an update. EAS (Exchange Active Sync) is a suite of protocols and applications. There are features that are supported by some clients, and others that aren't. For whatever reason, (I don't know if it's a licensing issue, was just taking too long to implement, or just a target market choice) Palm decided not to implement certain features.
    Wait, what?!? No, no, no... you do NOT advertise a phone as being able to access and sync with your Exchange 2007 account and then make the people who bought the phone jump through all kinds of hoops because PALM did not test this with every implementation of Exchange 2007 that is commonly deployed and then say sorry, this is somehow your fault.

    Palm's poor QA is not my fault.

    Palm, fix the error message to tell you exactly what you need to do to fix this problem or put an eff-ing asterick on the dam box next to the "Exchange 2007 (EAS)*" !

    *This feature may not work with your Exchange 2007 server
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by bernsman View Post
    Wait, what?!? No, no, no... you do NOT advertise a phone as being able to access and sync with your Exchange 2007 account and then make the people who bought the phone jump through all kinds of hoops because PALM did not test this with every implementation of Exchange 2007 that is commonly deployed and then say sorry, this is somehow your fault.

    Palm's poor QA is not my fault.

    Palm, fix the error message to tell you exactly what you need to do to fix this problem or put an eff-ing asterick on the dam box next to the "Exchange 2007 (EAS)*" !

    *This feature may not work with your Exchange 2007 server
    Palm specifically said it would not work with those features enabled.
  9. #149  
    My IT folks are trying to come through for me. I work in a school district which has email addys setup like me@district.k12.state.country. We have many Blackberry's working through Exchange and my Chatteremail worked on my Centro.

    We use Exhange 2003 and have all SPs. At my request, my IT folks created and emailed me a root certificate (I checked it's the root) with:

    • Name or at least the header for the cert as shown in the Pre and IE - owa.district.k12.state.country
    • Issued by - owa.district.k12.state.country
    • Common Name (under Issuer Info.)- owa.district.k12.state.country
    • Common Name (under Subject Info.)- owa.district.k12.state.country

    They didn't complete most of the other issuer or subject information so it's blank. All of it is now in certificate manager on the Pre which is where I'm reading this from.

    When I fill out manual setup in the Pre, I use https://owa.district.k12.state.country for the incoming mail server.

    Still gives the same SSL error. It's not expired, is a root and there is not date/time issue.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    • Do they need to have something different in the fields or is it OK they're all the same?
    • Do they need to fill out the other info?
    • What do I put, if anything, in the Domain field of the mail setup?


    I know I'm close and I want the IT dept to get props for helping me fix this. Any suggestions?
  10. #150  
    Put your Active Directory domain name. Just the short name (CNU
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Palm specifically said it would not work with those features enabled.
    Please provide the link to where Palm said this or STFU.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by chanhuff View Post
    An SSL Cert costs $30 a year from GoDaddy it will make using your exchange server a lot easier
    no kidding. all these people complaining about probs with self-signed certs, sorry but i gotta roll my eyes. the way to go is a public cert, not mickey mouse self-signed that you have to import as a file into a device or browser to make work, and even then there can be probs (mistyped certificate metadata, or wrong upper/lower case, etc), or wrong server config or IIS settings to begin with.

    My Pre config'd for EAS sync worked first time when I pointed it at our Exchange server OTA. I get the feeling what some people are asking is "Palm please add configuration options to EAS settings page so those of us with improperly configured Exchange/IIS/Certificates/firewall can still sync".
    Last edited by odditory; 06/11/2009 at 06:58 PM.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by bernsman View Post
    Please provide the link to where Palm said this or STFU.
    Well, since you asked so "nicely", i'll decline. It required reading skills...

    But, I will continue to post, when I choose. Even without your permission.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    no kidding. all these people complaining about probs with self-signed certs, sorry but i gotta roll my eyes. the way to go is a public cert, not mickey mouse self-signed that you have to import as a file into a device or browser to make work, and even then there can be probs (mistyped certificate metadata, or wrong upper/lower case, etc), or wrong server config or IIS settings to begin with.
    It's even cheaper at namecheap.com - you can get a rapid SSL cert for 9.95/yr...
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Put your Active Directory domain name. Just the short name (CNU
    OK, I admit it, I'm dense. I used Google to learn more, but what would really help for someone as dense as me would be an EXAMPLE.

    Thanks.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Well, since you asked so "nicely", i'll decline. It required reading skills...

    But, I will continue to post, when I choose. Even without your permission.
    No worries mate, can't provide what you don't have. Cheers
  17. #157  
    Well I have a story to tell. It's a little long winded, sorry in advance.

    I have an SBS 2003 server with a signed certificate.

    I have two users with PREs.

    One user was able to connect to Exchange and it works perfectly.

    The other user gets the dreaded empty outbox only, no synching of mail, calendar or contacts. The phone definitely does not behave the way it's supposed to after entering in all the information and pressing sign on. Usually it says "syncing Exchange account"

    I thought at first it was his user account. The reason why I say this, is that a few months ago, I tried to configure EAS for the same user with an IPOD touch. It was unsuccessful. I have other Iphone devices working fine with EAS on the same network. I gave up on the IPOD and setup the account with IMAP.

    The user, let's say his name is Bill Smith, username was Bill, but his primary email alias was BSmith. My first thought was that at some point his alias was Bill and it was changed to BSmith, and that was hosing it up. So I exported all mail using ExMerge, deleted the account and recreated a new one with Bill as the username and BSmith as the email alias. I setup the account on the phone. The phone behaved like it was supposed to. I started reimporting his mailbox from the server. Little by little the data started coming into the phone. I started rejoicing.

    After some time passed, I noticed that new emails in Outlook were not showing up on the phone. Forcing a recheck did not work. I deleted the account and input it again. Same problem as at first empty outbox.
    I also was unable to get IMAP to work, invalid password error. May have had to do with the username and alias being different.

    So, I deleted the account again and created a new one. This time I made the username and alias the same, BSmith. Configured the account on the phone ok. Could see the inbox, sent items, etc. Two items in the inbox. Good. Started the importing process again. Same deal once it finished importing, new messages not showing up on the phone. The user tried to reply to several emails. They would get stuck in the Outbox and never leave. Removing the account on the phone and re-inputing netted the same problem, empty outbox.

    I then decided to try his account on the other user's Pre, the working one. I deleted the existing account and setup BSmith. Same deal, empty outbox.

    Then I started thinking possibly it was the mailbox size, over 1 gig, but the working user's mailbox is also over 1 gig.

    The non-working user also has may subfolders in the inbox as opposed to the working user. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

    I setup BSmith with IMAP for the time being until this bug is worked out.
    Unfortunately he cannot reply to emails using IMAP, even with authentication turned on. I can't win.

    I thought I would tell my story if it helped anyone avoid wasting the whole day going though the same steps. I think my case it a little more unique in that I had two Pre to use, one that worked and one that doesn't
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzmans2 View Post
    Well I have a story to tell. It's a little long winded, sorry in advance.

    I have an SBS 2003 server with a signed certificate.

    I have two users with PREs.

    One user was able to connect to Exchange and it works perfectly.

    The other user gets the dreaded empty outbox only, no synching of mail, calendar or contacts. The phone definitely does not behave the way it's supposed to after entering in all the information and pressing sign on. Usually it says "syncing Exchange account"

    I thought at first it was his user account. The reason why I say this, is that a few months ago, I tried to configure EAS for the same user with an IPOD touch. It was unsuccessful. I have other Iphone devices working fine with EAS on the same network. I gave up on the IPOD and setup the account with IMAP.

    The user, let's say his name is Bill Smith, username was Bill, but his primary email alias was BSmith. My first thought was that at some point his alias was Bill and it was changed to BSmith, and that was hosing it up. So I exported all mail using ExMerge, deleted the account and recreated a new one with Bill as the username and BSmith as the email alias. I setup the account on the phone. The phone behaved like it was supposed to. I started reimporting his mailbox from the server. Little by little the data started coming into the phone. I started rejoicing.

    After some time passed, I noticed that new emails in Outlook were not showing up on the phone. Forcing a recheck did not work. I deleted the account and input it again. Same problem as at first empty outbox.
    I also was unable to get IMAP to work, invalid password error. May have had to do with the username and alias being different.

    So, I deleted the account again and created a new one. This time I made the username and alias the same, BSmith. Configured the account on the phone ok. Could see the inbox, sent items, etc. Two items in the inbox. Good. Started the importing process again. Same deal once it finished importing, new messages not showing up on the phone. The user tried to reply to several emails. They would get stuck in the Outbox and never leave. Removing the account on the phone and re-inputing netted the same problem, empty outbox.

    I then decided to try his account on the other user's Pre, the working one. I deleted the existing account and setup BSmith. Same deal, empty outbox.

    Then I started thinking possibly it was the mailbox size, over 1 gig, but the working user's mailbox is also over 1 gig.

    The non-working user also has may subfolders in the inbox as opposed to the working user. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

    I setup BSmith with IMAP for the time being until this bug is worked out.
    Unfortunately he cannot reply to emails using IMAP, even with authentication turned on. I can't win.

    I thought I would tell my story if it helped anyone avoid wasting the whole day going though the same steps. I think my case it a little more unique in that I had two Pre to use, one that worked and one that doesn't
    I got the same thing after installing a Certificate from Star SSL. This error is a bit different from the SSL cert error I was getting. Is anyone else getting the lonely Outbox with no syncing?
  19. RodPre's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #159  
    What version of WebOS are the usres running? They should bboth be running 1.02.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by bernsman View Post
    Please provide the link to where Palm said this or STFU.
    He can't, because Palm never said it.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions