Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok guys,

This might be my problem but I will need some hand holding for this. My EAS is working fine with contacts but nothing for email and calendar. Is what you are all explaining the solution?

I have checked my internet options and can see my certificates but I am not sure which one is the right one and if this will work.

Please help.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by RodPre View Post
    I have checked that the date and time are exactly the same on my Pre and the Exchange server but I get the same problem. I first loaded the certificate my company has distributed for this purpose and I know for a fact that the certificate works with both WM and IPhone (ouch). But so far not on my Palm Pre. I have been on support with Palm and Sprint several times today in an attempt to elevate the issue to someone who actually knows what s/he is talking about, but so far no luck. All they do is bring me through steps I have already performed. I've tried 4 different Certificates so far...
    From the error message, I'd say it has nothing to do with date & time. That is just given as a suggestion for why the certificate might not be valid. The reason it's not valid though, is because it wasn't issued by a trusted root CA. You need to trust the issuing CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    Ok guys,

This might be my problem but I will need some hand holding for this. My EAS is working fine with contacts but nothing for email and calendar. Is what you are all explaining the solution?

I have checked my internet options and can see my certificates but I am not sure which one is the right one and if this will work.

Please help.
    I doubt it. If any part of EAS is working, then the certificate is fine, so your solution isn't in this thread :-(
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cssnetworks View Post
    I doubt it. If any part of EAS is working, then the certificate is fine, so your solution isn't in this thread :-(
    Thanks
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    I had a similar experience when setting up my EAS account. I get an error while signing in: "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported". I know our IT group requires device locking, so that must be it.
    A bit of digging reveals this kb article 20493 on the Palm support site:

"I have entered the settings to sync with Exchange ActiveSync, but I canít synchronize with my companyís Exchange server

Check with your system administrator to find out if a systemwide locking policy is in place."

It appears that Palm knows about the Pre lacking the EAS device system lock feature and either chose not to implemented it or somehow 'missed' this feature in their QA cycle. Quite unbelievable really, considering that this is such commonly enabled security feature on enterprise EAS servers.

Someone at Palm QA should be smacked for this . . . and hard.
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    I just returned my pre as well.

After about 45 minutes from leaving the store, I got off with paml tech support, and they verified that the pinlock/timeout issue as well as the remote wipe were two reasons for the security warning and incompatibility for some EAS.

When I returned the phone the palm rep and the salespeople were generally surprised, but there was another guy returning for the same reason and many of the perspective buyers were very concerned. One of the techsupport guys came out and smiled like it was an unknown secret and basically said its a known issue and they expected some problems.

I restored my treo 700 and will wait to see if this gets fixed, the comments on if not when is actually disturbing. This phone was marketed as an enterprise phone with support for corporate email. I have to assume many large companies will not be able to leverage EAS for the pre.

What bothered me even more is that I read about this phone for 4 months, and this never was really mentioned. You would think this is a fairly big issue given many palm users are enterprise business users and expected to migrate to the pre.

Just venting frustration here, I liked the phone, but without work email its a deal breaker. Im hopeful there will be a fix soon and then ill buy another one. Most of my coworkers have migrated to iphones, but I simply cannot type on them especially with the amount of emails I send.
    I was not able to get any sync joy with my Pre.... after troubleshooting I have joy. Windows server 2003 (SBS).
    (keep in mind there's a footnote about sbs version there too... read the whole thing first).

Not tough for a good admin to follow.

If you have your ssl certs configed and no joy: check out this...

try logging into OMA ( cant post links... so use your brain) https :// yourserver.domain.com / oma

if you get an error.... look at this as a solution.

Microsoft Help and Support

RE: Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003

Happy activesyncing...

Well known OMA problem.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/06/2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: enabled URL for the MS link support.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc679 View Post
    I just returned my pre as well.

After about 45 minutes from leaving the store, I got off with paml tech support, and they verified that the pinlock/timeout issue as well as the remote wipe were two reasons for the security warning and incompatibility for some EAS.

When I returned the phone the palm rep and the salespeople were generally surprised, but there was another guy returning for the same reason and many of the perspective buyers were very concerned. One of the techsupport guys came out and smiled like it was an unknown secret and basically said its a known issue and they expected some problems.

I restored my treo 700 and will wait to see if this gets fixed, the comments on if not when is actually disturbing. This phone was marketed as an enterprise phone with support for corporate email. I have to assume many large companies will not be able to leverage EAS for the pre.

What bothered me even more is that I read about this phone for 4 months, and this never was really mentioned. You would think this is a fairly big issue given many palm users are enterprise business users and expected to migrate to the pre.

Just venting frustration here, I liked the phone, but without work email its a deal breaker. Im hopeful there will be a fix soon and then ill buy another one. Most of my coworkers have migrated to iphones, but I simply cannot type on them especially with the amount of emails I send.
    errrmmm, it was actually specifically NOT recommended for enterprise use...
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    This is incredibly frustrating, I have been trying all day, with the help of IT to get this to work. Originally I couldn't even go to OWA but then with the certificate I was able to go to OWA but I still get the error message 'check time and date'

Who didn't recommend it for enterprise? Was it Palm/Spring by advertising EAS?
    Sprint said no enterprise.
    Really? The moment any vendor claims support for Exchange email, you're in the enterprise business. One just doesn't see too many EAS servers running in people's basements. EAS = Enterprise, period!
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    Sprint said no enterprise.
    In what publications?

Sprint

When you go to 'meet Pre' there is specifically a page for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Really? The moment any vendor claims support for Exchange email, you're in the enterprise business. One just doesn't see too many EAS servers running in people's basements. EAS = Enterprise, period!
    Hear hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    a lot of companies do not require pin policy...

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    In what publications?

Sprint

When you go to 'meet Pre' there is specifically a page for business.
    A Sprint memo that explained who the Pre "was intended for..."

A Sprint memo that explained who the Pre "was intended for..."

If that's true I'm so glad they decided to release it to the public. IMO once you put EAS on a device you are telling the business world that there should be no problems in that regard, especially coming from a company like Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    [/B]

If that's true I'm so glad they decided to release it to the public. IMO once you put EAS on a device you are telling the business world that there should be no problems in that regard, especially coming from a company like Palm.
    The memo that people are referring to that warned of this not being recommended for enterprise use was an internal sprint memo that was leaked. I only saw this after I bought the phone. In addition, the 2 dozen sprint sales and 2 palm reps at the store people were absolutely clueless on the topic

Take a look at all of the palm documentation, it paints a much different story than that "internal" memo
    Sure, a lot of people drive without seat belts . . .

Any enterprise with any sense of information security *will* turn on at least device pin lock feature on their EAS server. If you want to prevent anyone peeking at one's work email (read, trade secrets), its the least one can do. Remote device security is one of the primary reasons why enterprises deploy costly Blackberry BES servers and if Palm has any hope competing in that space, EAS device lock and wipe are a must.
    Have anyone tried to sync using a hosted exchange server like Sheweb? Are there any problems?
    I'm sure Palm will include this future soon, because I really want this to work for my work-related email... I'm not mad, because I understand this isn't supposed to be ready for full main-stream. This is more of a beta launch. That's how I forgive the weird splotches and low earpiece volume, etc. Overall, I'm still quite happy with the device. I've been making all these posts directly from the Pre, and the experience has been fantastic.
    I'm sure Palm will include this future soon, because I really want this to work for my work-related email... I'm not mad, because I understand this isn't supposed to be ready for full main-stream. This is more of a beta launch. That's how I forgive the weird splotches and low earpiece volume, etc. Overall, I'm still quite happy with the device. I've been making all these posts directly from the Pre, and the experience has been fantastic.
    Agreed. I just hope it's rather soon!

And, I bought this thing today fully expecting to be back in a Sprint store or another carrier store getting version 2 in the near future. Just like the iphone. Got it the day it came out, loved it...wished it did all kinds of stuff that it didn't do. Then the 3G came out and I was back...buying that one.

The Pre doesn't do alot that my Bold does now but I'm really digging the device so far and hoping to see another OS update soon that will add some new features to it.
    Brandon
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast