Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Mine requires PIN too! Not sure how to get around this...
    I just spent five hours at Sprint store, trying to get the Pre fetch my EAS work email. They upgraded the phone OS and after two hours with Palm support conceded that WebOS has not yet implemented EAS device pin lock feature. Without device lock, the EAS will not allow initial AS connection. Until this basic EAS security feature is implemented, no Exchange activesync is possible with EAS servers enforcing this basic security feature. Both the Treo 755p and the iPhone, and the 650 before that work flawlessly with my work EAS server, btw. Arghhhhh . . .

The Pre went back to Sprint and now they can't bring my old plan back without direct input from the district manager . . . . . . .
    My exchange mail is working correctly. We have a verisign SSL cert.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    I just spent five hours at Sprint store, trying to get the Pre fetch my EAS work email. They upgraded the phone OS and after two hours with Palm support conceded that WebOS has not yet implemented EAS device pin lock feature. Without device lock, the EAS will not allow initial AS connection. Until this basic EAS security feature is implemented, no Exchange activesync is possible with EAS servers enforcing this basic security feature. Both the Treo 755p and the iPhone, and the 650 before that work flawlessly with my work EAS server, btw. Arghhhhh . . .

The Pre went back to Sprint and now they can't bring my old plan back without direct input from the district manager . . . . . . .
    I had a similar experience when setting up my EAS account. I get an error while signing in: "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported". I know our IT group requires device locking, so that must be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefab View Post
    Thanks!!! Exporting from Certificate Manager worked for me. And Exchange is finally working. One happy camper now!
    How do you load it into the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    I had a similar experience when setting up my EAS account. I get an error while signing in: "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported". I know our IT group requires device locking, so that must be it.
    This is the exact message that I got as well. Its the device pin lock feature that is forced by the EAS on the initial sync. Without it the Pre will not work with EAS enforcing this basic security . . .
    This is the exact message that I got as well. Its the device pin lock feature that is forced by the EAS on the initial sync. Without it the Pre will not work with EAS enforcing this basic security . . .
    I hope Palm patches the software to add this capability soon. I'm sure many companies use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    I hope Palm patches the software to add this capability soon. I'm sure many companies use it.
    While at the store, I managed to speak directly with Palm support rep. He acknowledged the device pin lock EAS security feature is not yet implemented and mentioned that this will be done in the 'future' OS update. He had no clue as to when this would be updated. We could be waiting for a while. The maddening thing is that the iPhone/iTouch 2.0 software update, on their first attempt to implement MS ActiveSync support, got this right on the first try. Knowing that inside Palm they themselves use Exchange AS, makes this glaring hole even more maddening! . . . .
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prefab View Post
    Thanks!!! Exporting from Certificate Manager worked for me. And Exchange is finally working. One happy camper now!
    You guys rock. I dug around and found a cert that I got from one of the IT guys last year and it worked!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I was wondering if some of you that have had more luck could help out the less server inclined.

I have an Exchange account with the university I work at and I am getting the date and time error message like others. The Excahnge works great on my 800w and I remember some problem previously that I don't know how I solved.

could someone do a bit more indepth help in explaining how to get a certificate and how to get it onto the device?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    While at the store, I managed to speak directly with Palm support rep. He acknowledged the device pin lock EAS security feature is not yet implemented and mentioned that this will be done in the 'future' OS update. He had no clue as to when this would be updated. We could be waiting for a while. The maddening thing is that the iPhone/iTouch 2.0 software update, on their first attempt to implement MS ActiveSync support, got this right on the first try. Knowing that inside Palm they themselves use Exchange AS, makes this glaring hole even more maddening! . . . .
    It's plain irresponsible for them to advertise Exchange support if they don't support device locking. So.... Do I take the Pre back, or cripple my communications ability? If they can't add this support fast, I only have one choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkade View Post
    It's plain irresponsible for them to advertise Exchange support if they don't support device locking. So.... Do I take the Pre back, or cripple my communications ability? If they can't add this support fast, I only have one choice.
    For me, without support for Exchange (and yes, lacking minimal EAS security features - there's NO Exchange supoort, IFAIK), the Pre is a lovely brick. I returned mine after spending five hours in the Sprint store - hopes dashed.
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    Well the IT guys got me sync'd... but for some strange reason none of my e-mails show up.. the folders do but no matter if the e-mail has been read or not it will not show up...

any ideas?

Edit: IT guys said now that the folders are showing up... that perhaps the e-mails will too (they blame it on microsoft's server which has apparently being goofy today)... time will tell
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Well the IT guys got me sync'd... but for some strange reason none of my e-mails show up.. the folders do but no matter if the e-mail has been read or not it will not show up...

any ideas?

Edit: IT guys said now that the folders are showing up... that perhaps the e-mails will too (they blame it on microsoft's server which has apparently being goofy today)... time will tell
    My Pre is doing the same thing, it syncs but no emails show up. The weird thing is that the folders in exchange account show up. The contacts don't sync either...

It worked fine on my 800W earlier today.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    My Pre is doing the same thing, it syncs but no emails show up.
    Yes, that's the behavior we saw until the Pre was upgraded to release 1.0.2, it attempts to sync but no email or contacts, no error messages of any kind. After 1.0.2 was installed we got an error message indicating, "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported". I don't know if your EAS requires device pin lock, but in my case that's what prevented the Pre from syncing with my Exchange server.

Upgrade to 1.0.2 and let us know if it made any difference . . .
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    Yes, that's the behavior we saw until the Pre was upgraded to release 1.0.2, it attempts to sync but no email or contacts, no error messages of any kind. After 1.0.2 was installed we got an error message indicating, "The mail server requires security policies that are not supported". I don't know if your EAS requires device pin lock, but in my case that's what prevented the Pre from syncing with my Exchange server.

Upgrade to 1.0.2 and let us know if it made any difference . . .
    Mine has 1.0.2 on it. It came preloaded.

So I called Sprint and have now been on the phone for 30 minutes to be transferred to a call center in some country in the middle east with a bad connection. Now we are trying all the stuff I already tried...
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    So I talked to Palm support. He sounded uninterested and gave me little hope. If he is to be believed, it's not a question of when it will be supported but a question of if. Really? Sheesh.
    If palm was hyping this product up as having exchange support they should of made sure it actually worked. And I thought palm was improving QA. Oh well, I might have to return it. Its too bad because otherwise its a cool phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The problem is that you need to import the root certificate from your server's certificate authority, not the domain certificate itself. It can be kind of tricky to get that certificate from the server, fortunately I had it in the .cab file I made for my WM6.1 Mogul before. The good news is that if you get it correctly IT WORKS WITH A SELF-SIGNED CERTIFICATE.
    If your IT dept have installed Certificate Services Web Enrollment, you can browse to https://your-server.com/CertSrv (accept/continue on the certificate error), authenticate as any domain user, choose "Download a CA certificate, certificate chain, or CRL", then on the next page choose "Install this CA certificate".

This makes the process of trusting a private certificate authority nice and easy.
    See below:

Actually, whether this will work from anything other than Windows Internet Explorer is something I don't know. But at least you could install the cert on your XP computer then export it via mmc certificate management and send it over to your phone via either bluetooth or usb.

I have to say, this is one of my pet hates. I'm a bit upset that Palm have not implemented a "accept permanently" for self-signed certificates. Nokia's Mail for Exchange used to be a pain like this, but now it will accept a self-signed cert permanently, and so do Android and the iPhone (my iPod touch v2 does anyway). Windows Mobile sucks horribly too in this (and every other for that matter) regard.

--
    Carl
    Last edited by cssnetworks; 06/06/2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Actually, it works on Firefox / Linux, so might work on Palm.

--
    Carl
    Last edited by cssnetworks; 06/06/2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have checked that the date and time are exactly the same on my Pre and the Exchange server but I get the same problem. I first loaded the certificate my company has distributed for this purpose and I know for a fact that the certificate works with both WM and IPhone (ouch). But so far not on my Palm Pre. I have been on support with Palm and Sprint several times today in an attempt to elevate the issue to someone who actually knows what s/he is talking about, but so far no luck. All they do is bring me through steps I have already performed. I've tried 4 different Certificates so far...
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast