Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    to install your cert, first browse to the site ht tps://owa ... etc and then say trust. that's what I did..

now trying to figure out how to only sync Email and not contacts / tasks etc.. which the previous palm's wouldn't allow either.. all or nothing.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
    I'm tempted to just kill off SSL on my server for now until I get this figured out.
    EAS worked great on my Q9c (SSL not on).

Not working on my Pre. I don't know what to do at this point, other than shut off the Pre and reactivate my Q.

I need all of my client contacts, calendar, etc.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chanhuff View Post
    An SSL Cert costs $30 a year from GoDaddy it will make using your exchange server a lot easier
    Would I need to do this if I was using EAS with my previous phone that worked fine. Is this something I would get form my company?

I remember on my Q I entered the same info that that Pre is asking for, and everything synced fine right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Mine won't even work because our EAS server has a PIN policy! How can this not be supported?
    Total fail. iPhone supports PIN and remote wipe via EAS; if Pre doesn't, it's a joke. Might as well not even advertise Exchange support without these features - you'll just get IT folks mad they wasted their time to even start evaluating this phone.

I suspected this was gonna be the case when I saw those Sprint marketing materials. C'mon guys, the freakin CENTRO with VersaMail supported these EAS features! FIX IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Ugh. This is not good. Now I'm not sure what to do. If I get Pre I need to change my plan....if it doesn't work and I return and revert to my 755, I'm stuck with the new plan, no?

Between this, reports of screen issues (dead pixels and light leakage) and some key apps for me missing, I may do the unthinkable for me and wait.

Come on, Palm!
    No going back to your old plan. Be careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanhuff View Post
    An SSL Cert costs $30 a year from GoDaddy it will make using your exchange server a lot easier
    Has anyone tried this with a GoDaddy cert yet? In my experience the GoDaddy cert is not always in the trusted root store on all phones.
    I've copied a self signed cert to the device and registered it and created a new ActiveSync policy that disables the PIN requirement and it still gives me the date and time error.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Grrr!!! I manually installed my server cert via USB drive method and I still get the same 'SSL certificate error. Is the date and time correct?' The time and date on the server are the same!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I tried to see if killing off SSL for now was an option but it looks like getting Exchange 2007 to run without it is a real PITA if it's even possible
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    see my post above.. go to your secure website on the phone it'll install the cert that way(least mine did)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    see my post above.. go to your secure website on the phone it'll install the cert that way(least mine did)
    But does EAS work after installing it that way? cuz I've done it, and does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    Are you using the default self signed certificate too?
    I guess I could get a 21 day trial from Thawte to test but no way I'm paying $250/yr for my wife to get email from home.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    We use the self signed one, so I can have Outlook over HTTPS so no VPN is needed.
    I've had no luck with the self signed one. It works fine on my Mogul but not on Pre.
    I just purchased a GoDaddy certificate and I'm working on installing it now. I paid $26.99 for the first year after using the Rev1 (10% off) discount code.
    I'll post if GoDaddy works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
    I'm tempted to just kill off SSL on my server for now until I get this figured out.
    I don't know if this will even work. We don't have SSL and mine still won't work. I have been on the phone with palm for the past hour now with them going on and off of hold. Sprint could not get all of my contacts onto my phone so I was going to use EAS to import them. It appears that will not work. If I have to export my contacts to google and then import themfor me to get my contacts then I will be pretty pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Mine requires PIN too! Not sure how to get around this...
    I'm in the same boat...
    Has anyone gotten their EAS setup completed yet?
    Yeah, mine works fine. copied the SSL certificate using USB drive then go to certificate manager to install. Everything is synch'd
    GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The problem is that you need to import the root certificate from your server's certificate authority, not the domain certificate itself. It can be kind of tricky to get that certificate from the server, fortunately I had it in the .cab file I made for my WM6.1 Mogul before. The good news is that if you get it correctly IT WORKS WITH A SELF-SIGNED CERTIFICATE.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The problem is that you need to import the root certificate from your server's certificate authority, not the domain certificate itself. It can be kind of tricky to get that certificate from the server, fortunately I had it in the .cab file I made for my WM6.1 Mogul before. The good news is that if you get it correctly IT WORKS WITH A SELF-SIGNED CERTIFICATE.

This is the most common way, if you go to the server and certificate management, you can export the root self signed cert as a .cer.

I'm about to try it. wish me luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    This is the most common way, if you go to the server and certificate management, you can export the root self signed cert as a .cer.

Could you elaborate on this a little bit... I'm still having problems even as an IMAP account

My old settings were:
    IMAP:
    Incoming port: 993
    Server: outlook.com
    Outgoing, port: 25
    pod51000.outlook.com

Both with SSL

Its a windows live e-mail that my college just transferred too, and I understood that it was an exchange account and not just an IMAP... although I can't get either to work. (works just fine if I log in through their website)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post

Thanks!!! Exporting from Certificate Manager worked for me. And Exchange is finally working. One happy camper now!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast