webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Data Transfer Assistant Not Working
Data Transfer Assistant Not Working
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06/06/2009, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
Ive downloaded the DTA and when I go to run it I get an error message saying the system couldnt find the specified file. Anyone else having a problem?
medic1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
robkurzd's Avatar
 
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic1175 View Post
Ive downloaded the DTA and when I go to run it I get an error message saying the system couldnt find the specified file. Anyone else having a problem?
I was able to run it fine.

Your OS, web browser and any other specifics would be helpful for data.

I used Windows 7, Google Chrome.

You should be downloading an .exe file.

Is this what you downloaded?
__________________
Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
robkurzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
im using Windows Vista, mozilla, it downloads fine, but when i go to run it i get the error message
medic1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
I tried to use the Data Transfer Assistant to import my contacts from my HTC Touch Pro. I had the HTC synced with Outlook 2007 on my desktop using ActiveSync. For some reason, the phone is not asking me where to store the contacts like it should and thus, the contacts don't end up being transferred. However, it does say that 209 items have been transferred. Has anyone else run into this problem?
davkrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davkrev View Post
For some reason, the phone is not asking me where to store the contacts like it should and thus, the contacts don't end up being transferred. However, it does say that 209 items have been transferred. Has anyone else run into this problem?
This is happening to me from a Palm Treo 700p sync'd to Palm Desktop.. frustrating
jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
limoman's Avatar
 
Posts: 273
Make certain you're using the latest version of the Palm Desktop software if syncing from that. I was unable to use the DTA until I downloaded the latest version of the Palm Desktop software.
limoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
ka1
Member
 
ka1's Avatar
 
Posts: 735
Are the contacts and calendar items stored in the Palm Desktop, or do you have it set up to use Office or iCal, etc.?

And once the transfer is complete, try to trigger a sync between your palm account and your phone, and wait. After a while, the items should appear.
__________________
KA1
Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2009, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 23
I had the same problem on my laptop running Window 7. It ran fine using my desktop running Windows 7.
brybry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by limoman View Post
Make certain you're using the latest version of the Palm Desktop software if syncing from that. I was unable to use the DTA until I downloaded the latest version of the Palm Desktop software.
Yeah, I got that error at first and upgraded to 6.2.

Now it says it transferred 2265 items, with 48 failures (the failures are appointments that I don't care about). After clicking next, it says to "safely remove hardware" and then the palm pre should ask me where I want to put the migrated data.

The Pre never asks me where to put the data, it just goes back to it's normal operating mode and none of my contacts/calendar/memos are synced...

Still trying to get this to work.

I've noticed something peculiar as well, I can't find any file being transferred to the Pre (looking at the USB drive on my Windows)..

now I'm trying to delete those failed items in my Palm Desktop to see if that makes any difference..
jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
now I'm trying to delete those failed items in my Palm Desktop to see if that makes any difference..
Now I'm not getting the error anymore (still says 2200+ items transferred), but still no message on the Pre asking where to sync and nothing from Palm Desktop on the Pre...

Argh.
jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
I've noticed something peculiar as well, I can't find any file being transferred to the Pre (looking at the USB drive on my Windows)..
I'm thinking this is the problem... no idea why it's not creating any file. Anyone know what file or where it goes?

Sprint tried to sync directly from my old 700p at the store, and that failed too.. I wonder if that messed something up...
jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 12
UPDATE ! I got it working !!

I found the file it is trying to write, it's called "migration.mig". DTA was putting it in the wrong drive, it was writing it to my B:\ drive which is a RAM disk -- not the Pre.

I copied that file to my the root of my Pre and viola! Transferring!

!!!
jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: deegee
Old 06/08/2009, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
fredc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 150
I'm getting the same error message as the OP. Windows XP SP 2, IE 6.

The .exe downloads fine but running just gets me the error msg. System Error: the system could not find the file specified.
fredc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2009, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe View Post
UPDATE ! I got it working !!

I found the file it is trying to write, it's called "migration.mig". DTA was putting it in the wrong drive, it was writing it to my B:\ drive which is a RAM disk -- not the Pre.

I copied that file to my the root of my Pre and viola! Transferring!

!!!

Great work. Now, how did you acquire the migration.mig file?

Edit: and did you simply place it in the root of the Pre?

Last edited by deegee; 06/12/2009 at 10:14 AM.
deegee#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2010, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
It did not work on my laptop (Vista) but it worked nicely on my desktop (XP).
veselenak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 04:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
back to the point. is not possible to download Data Transfer Assistant (DTA)
pls , cann someone send me thi file per email? goldencredit@gmail.com

thx youuu
milang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0