1.    #1  
    I was able to Sync my data fine.

My Google Calendar and my Treo 755p calendar were synced somewhat but I had not synced before my Treo got deactivated.

I used the data transfer tool and saved calendar information to Palm profile.

Now I have duplicates of every calendar event, one from Google one from Palm profile.

Any ideas?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know of a way to reset the Palm Profile?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Let me first say - woo hoo! Got my Pre this a.m.! Very happy.

Weird thing though - when Sprint transferred my contacts from my phone to my new Pre, they all transferred in as last name first. The Sprint store tried several times to fix this, but it didn't work. We went to Preferences and tried to list by first name, but it still stayed the same. Frustrating b/c now that I've synced up with Google, I have 2 entries for the same name (i.e. Smith John and John Smith).

Any ideas on how to fix?

Otherwise, Google Contacts, calendar and mail synced up just fine.
    Is there an option to have it do a one-way sync (from Google -> Pre)? Delete duplicates using Google Contacts (web page) and let it re-sync.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I'm not sure about the one way sync - I'll try to figure it out. Thanks for the idea!

The funniest thing is, they had 2 Palm reps at my store who seemed even more clueless than the Sprint guys. They couldn't figure it out either.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Let me first say - woo hoo! Got my Pre this a.m.! Very happy.

Weird thing though - when Sprint transferred my contacts from my phone to my new Pre, they all transferred in as last name first. The Sprint store tried several times to fix this, but it didn't work. We went to Preferences and tried to list by first name, but it still stayed the same. Frustrating b/c now that I've synced up with Google, I have 2 entries for the same name (i.e. Smith John and John Smith).

Any ideas on how to fix?

Otherwise, Google Contacts, calendar and mail synced up just fine.
    The rep at my store specifically said they had problems when they were testing it with the advocate's unit and he asked me if it was something I could do on my own and I told him that was no problem.

He said they tried going from a Blackberry to the Pre and couldn't get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to reset the Palm Profile?
    I was told to turn off "backup" to clear the info from the palm profile.

1. go to launcher
    2. find and tap backup
    3. tap the "on/off" switch to turn backup off
    4. confirm by tapping "Turn Off and Erase Backup".

This should pretty much immediately remove the data stored in your palm profile.

I would recommend turning backup back on once you've worked out your issues.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble backing up from Samsung Instinct to the Pre. The store did it for me but wasn't complete. I went back an hour again, tried it and still incomplete. They tried bluetooth and it says "sending of info failed!"

Can anyone help me? I don't want to type all of my Instinct contacts into google to sync.
    i'm really confused- used palm desktop (newest version) and did the one time transfer and then selected google for my online calendar (already signed up with google gmail, etc). nothing showed on my pre but my contacts from palm desktop. nothing showed on my google calendar either. of course i get impatient and did the transfer again - still nothing. this was about 2 hours ago. just went to the sprint store -they told me just export/ import to google calendar. just got back home and i have all my calendar info on the pre and some of the info on the google calendar - but i have duplicates on the pre calendar!
    what's the best way to clear this up -
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i'm really confused- used palm desktop (newest version) and did the one time transfer and then selected google for my online calendar (already signed up with google gmail, etc). nothing showed on my pre but my contacts from palm desktop. nothing showed on my google calendar either. of course i get impatient and did the transfer again - still nothing. this was about 2 hours ago. just went to the sprint store -they told me just export/ import to google calendar. just got back home and i have all my calendar info on the pre and some of the info on the google calendar - but i have duplicates on the pre calendar!
    what's the best way to clear this up -
    I was able to fix it by doing a soft reset now. Go to device options then reset options. Select middle one.