Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So far iTunes sync is very slow.... anyone else experiencing this? I'm running 1.0.2. I'm syncing about 400 songs. On my iPod touch it takes about 2 mins, on the palm pre 10+ mins.
  2. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Dacunha View Post
    So far iTunes sync is very slow.... anyone else experiencing this? I'm running 1.0.2. I'm syncing about 400 songs. On my iPod touch it takes about 2 mins, on the palm pre 10+ mins.
    The Pre may need to convert the iTunes Library XML file into another format, in order to read your playlists. This could be the reason for the delay.
    I did love in Vista when it detects new hardware it says Apple iPod HAHAH Palm.

I am using Media Monkey to sync. It goes really quick!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Dacunha View Post
    Maybe because it's the initial sync and there is some sort of conversion as enjoyingsilence suggested. Keep up posted on posted on sync speeds after the initial sync!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    It just took me an hour more or less to sync 4.2GB worth of music through media monkey. I wonder if it worked right, I will have to check
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

I just started my sync of 3.5gb of music... I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It just took me an hour more or less to sync 4.2GB worth of music through media monkey. I wonder if it worked right, I will have to check
    Did you perform the sync in Media Monkey via Mass Storage or via the iTunes support? I wonder if Mass Storage is faster.
    Media mode. Playlists don't work Everything else is fine! 1.8GB free now LOL.

I'm half way through!
  10.    #10  
    First time loginon pre central on the pre! I can't believe its taking that long to syc, I hope they can fix this problem.

From a pre
    Crap, I am sad we didn't get to meet. We will have to have a Precentral LA meetup! I just used the browser for the first time, *BLEEP* it is good.

Here is a quick snap I just took of my monitor. It is pitch black in here so the flash went off.

Time to charge it overnight. See ya'll tomorrow for Pre-Day and D-Day

Edit: First complaint: TERRIBLE usb plug design. It is a pain to take off to charge. It is easier to slide the keyboard up and open it from there. I might just cut it off eventually.
    Last edited by Eguy; 06/06/2009 at 05:31 AM.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Media mode. Playlists don't work Everything else is fine! 1.8GB free now LOL.
    Really? So it's better off making one big playlist?
    Media Monkey made m3u playlists, the Pre does not recognize them.

sync is done
    mine syncs but the when i try to play the mp3s is just goes back to the music app... lol
    That's weird, mine synced. Took about 20 minutes for 700 songs but they play fine.
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Sync was very slow first time.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I only sync'd 4 albums, but by my estimate the time to synch was on par with my 60gb ipod. Attached the cable, hit the media sync option, itunes opened up and everything was pretty much the same as working with my ipod. album art only imported for one of the 4 albums, so perhaps there may be a slightly longer wait, but at that point I was testing for functionality than content. Now that I know it works, I find myself wishing they'd kicked it out with more memory or a way to add storage via a card.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    As it turns out, it's just slow to transfer files to the Pre in general. I'm doing a direct Mass Storage transfer, and it's giving me 60 minutes for 5.78 GB.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Took 1 hour 10 minutes to do 1,100 songs for me (about 6.3gb)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast