Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man...I am syncing with iTunes on my mac just as fast as my iphone. No lag at all. Love the playlist support.
    The max write rate seems to be around 1.8 MB per second, which is pretty damn slow for flash memory.
    I didn't check the data rate but it didn't take very long to sync over 4 or 5 podcasts with Winamp.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    sloow....my ipod is faster. but no biggie.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Im just happy it has the option to sync with itunes. Getting rid of my unlocked 3g now
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I did love in Vista when it detects new hardware it says Apple iPod HAHAH Palm.

I am using Media Monkey to sync. It goes really quick!
    I'm on a Mac using Leopard, and it did that. Talk about "HAHAH!". Brought a grin from ear to ear on.

This Palm is definitely a new version of the company I can get along with
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    For all you iTune syncers out there... is it syncing playlists, and allowing to play them, or does it ignore the list?
    Can you still sync with your Ipod after you have synced with the Pre?
    I thought Itunes library only allowed one device to sync with it??
    I am using Windows 7...

But basically my Pre keeps getting ejected immediately when I click "Media Sync". It shows up in iTunes, I see the logo on the Pre, then it says "iPod sync complete. Ok to disconnect." in iTunes and then I look at the Pre and it's showing the launcher.

HELP!
    I did love in Vista when it detects new hardware it says Apple iPod HAHAH Palm.
    Oh, now that is just fantastic!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was some programmer's little joke, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by iharley View Post
    For all you iTune syncers out there... is it syncing playlists, and allowing to play them, or does it ignore the list?
    It sync's playlists fine. I have no problem playing them (imported 3 this morning, and seemed to import as fast as my ipod).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyrunr View Post
    You have it backwards. iPods can only sync with one iTunes library. iTunes can sync with multiple iPods. That's why I can have an old 3rd gen, iPod Touch, and iPod Shuffle all connected and show up in iTunes.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyrunr View Post
    No, iTunes lets you sync multiple ipods. I think there are some restrictions, like you can only use your itunes id on a few pc's, or you can only burn a few copies of the protected music, etc. But you can use multiple ipods, been doing that for years (wifie likes losing free ones).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.

I am using Media Monkey to sync. It goes really quick!
    Oooh that's great! You are using Media Monkey. That is my prefered media manager.

Did you have to do anything different to get it to sync? I have not tried yet.

Does it sync playlists?

And what about ratings? If I rate a song on my Pre will that sync back to Media Monkey when connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by RLovelett View Post
    I am using Windows 7...

But basically my Pre keeps getting ejected immediately when I click "Media Sync". It shows up in iTunes, I see the logo on the Pre, then it says "iPod sync complete. Ok to disconnect." in iTunes and then I look at the Pre and it's showing the launcher.

HELP!
    @RLovelett did you receive a solution to your issue? I fear I am seeing the same . There doesn't appear to be a way to change the sync settings (playlists, podcasts to sync, etc.).
    I have still not resolved my issue cpester. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLovelett View Post
    I have still not resolved my issue cpester. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.
    @RLovelett - Issue solved. Not sure if this will work every time, but worked for my issue. Installed DoubleTwist, didn't use it to sync, but when I connected the usb to the Pre, selected Media Sync, in windows 7 I received a window asking me what I would like to do with this new device connection. I selected open DoubleTwist. This appeared to "catch" the Pre connection just enough for me to go into iTunes, change several settings for the Pre and select apply, which updated the Pre with the new configuration. Now each connection remains open (doesn't eject).

Hope this helps you...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminNYC View Post
    Oooh that's great! You are using Media Monkey. That is my prefered media manager.

Did you have to do anything different to get it to sync? I have not tried yet.
    Nope.

Does it sync playlists?
    Nope. Not m3u's anyway. Can't seem to find what format the Pre does support.

And what about ratings? If I rate a song on my Pre will that sync back to Media Monkey when connected?
    Haven't found a way to rate songs on the Pre.
    cpester that worked like a charm!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12