1.    #1  
    I'm sure a lot of Pre buyers will be coming from the iPhone, and I'm sure a lot of those iPhone users purchased MobileMe to sync all their information. Is there any clever way to sync contacts, calendars and my @me email address with the MobileMe platform on the Pre?
    you can get your mobileme email on your phone, but you'd have to get a gmail or exhange account to sync contacts and calendars.
    Hey Palm,

How about desktop syncing capabilities? We already have to connect the Pre to transfer media on the Pre. Might as well add the most important sync, contacts & calendars.
    I think connecting to the computer to transfer media is a short term solution so they could get the phone out the door. They are clearly looking to remove all wires from this device. I wouldn't be surprised if version 2 of the phone doesn't have a USB port at all. The charging will be all inductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    I think connecting to the computer to transfer media is a short term solution so they could get the phone out the door. They are clearly looking to remove all wires from this device. I wouldn't be surprised if version 2 of the phone doesn't have a USB port at all. The charging will be all inductive.
    I've done wireless syncing with a Blackberry Curve and Nokia E71-2 using missing sync and my macbook's bluetooth. The initial 6GB of media took nearly 4 hours to sync of the Nokia. I stopped after 3 hours on the Curve. All other sync's after the intial sync were a lot shorter only because I wasn't changing a lot of data. I'd rather have wired syncing for contacts, calendars, and media.