Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    All -

I've done some searching, but haven't found anybody who's actually tried nuevasync with the pre.

I'm thinking that until palm fixes webOS to use the new 2.0 Google API this may be a great way to not import all the misc. contacts from gmail?

I know I'm a pre-central virgin so be kind
    there is no point to use nuevasync when the phone links directly to google. If you were to use this service with exchange it would be very redundant. There is no point to using this service with the pre. On other phones yes. I use it on my winmo 6.1 phone.
    Will I be able to sync my Pre to my Outlook calendar and contacts and such within Outlook?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear74 View Post
    All -

I've done some searching, but haven't found anybody who's actually tried nuevasync with the pre.

I'm thinking that until palm fixes webOS to use the new 2.0 Google API this may be a great way to not import all the misc. contacts from gmail?

I know I'm a pre-central virgin so be kind
    XenoGear,

I had the exact same idea. I use NuevaSync with my current phone. After digging through the Palm Pre manual, I think it will work.

After adding my Google account to the phone, I'll go into Contacts and set it not to Sync with Google. I'll add NuevaSync as an Exchange account and then set Calendar to not sync with it.

End result should be using my Google Account for Email and Calendar and NuevaSync for Contacts.

I'll report back if this is successful or not.

Apparently my post count is too low to include links. Silly rule. I guess that's the price of being a lurker.

Palm Pre Manual: scribd.com/doc/15851822/SG-Pre-UserGuide

page 144 - Stop Sync of Contacts with an Online Account
    page 144 - Connect to an online calendar through the Palm Synergy feature
    page 155 - Stop Sync of Calendar With an Online Account
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It took a good amount of trickery ... but I was finally able to get it to work.

I'll start another thread with the solution.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    thanks! if you could post that i would GREATLY appreciate it!!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    If you haven't seen them already Xeno ... here they are: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-got-work.html
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    there is no point to use nuevasync when the phone links directly to google. If you were to use this service with exchange it would be very redundant. There is no point to using this service with the pre. On other phones yes. I use it on my winmo 6.1 phone.
    Hi there, I'm from Nuevasync. We have a couple of articles on Pre sync on our blog now (you'll have to find the URL since I'm not yet worthy to post links here). The Pre seems to work well the the service, although we have found a couple of e-mail sync issues that we need to address (not too serious since e-mail sync is still in test).

You are correct in that the Pre has pretty good (the best, I think) native sync support and so a service like our public one is not terribly useful to Pre owners. However, note that our other business is in providing sync services to companies who own the data source (that is, not Google, etc) and for that side of the house we're very interested in the Pre because it's a new device that we can sync folks' stuff to. It's also nice that the Pre allows multiple Exchange accounts, so you can use our service plus a corporate server at the same time. Quite a few of our users would like to do that with other non-Pre devices, but can't.