Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I not have Push (instant email) on the Pre with Yahoo Mail? Never really found an answer to this question.
    As far as we know, only Gmail and other IMAP Idle email services (i.e. not Yahoo) will have push on the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have both but I admit I use gmail slightly more I don't really know how well yahoo works with the Pre but I think Yahoo was listed as a launch buddy Gmail on the other hand is supposed to work very well with the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    As far as we know, only Gmail and other IMAP Idle email services (i.e. not Yahoo) will have push on the Pre.
    Plus of course any MS Exchange Server should work for push.
    in one of the reviews it said that yahoo mail pushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    yahoo will push it has imap idle
    Actually, it doesn't. They have a special push system that works with the iPhone, but it's not IMAP Idle.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    ok cool so its just gmail then. no aol?
  8.    #8  
    so what should i do with my yahoo mail? I cant forward it to gmail unless i upgrade for $20
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
    so what should i do with my yahoo mail? I cant forward it to gmail unless i upgrade for $20
    If you have Gmail already. Go to Settings > Accounts and Imports > Import mail and contacts. I dunno if that downloads all your old mail or what. give it a try i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Actually, it doesn't. They have a special push system that works with the iPhone, but it's not IMAP Idle.
    yahoo also pushes to my helio ocean
    I stopped using Yahoo the day I got Gmail. It's not as big a deal now but when it came out the storage capacity was insane. I still have never deleted a non-spam email and am up to like 7% or something

Between that, the in-browser text/voice/video chat, and the overall speed of the service, I couldn't see myself using any of the other webmail providers anytime soon.

Do yourself a favor an move on over to the cool kids' table!
    Wait... the Pre does not have Push on Yahoo Mail, so when I get my mail in my inbox it wont show up on my Pre? WOW, this might be a deal breaker for me, and I bet for a lot of other people to. It works great for iphone, why the hell not the Pre?
    You can check your Yahoo email, just not using Push. You can also set the phone to automatically check for messages every 15 minutes or 10 minutes or 1 minute or whatever you like
    Me too! It's not clear why Gmail will work better than Yahoo. If I profile the phone via Gmail, can I also access Yahoo mail and vice versa?
    What is 'Push'? Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    will you PLEASE just switch to Gmail already??? you're crushing us here!!!
    Push email is when the email servers send the new mail to your phone without the phone asking for it. When it hits your account at Google it gets directed to your phone straight away. The benefit is that is saves some battery life. Every time your phone has to initiate a data connection and poll the mail servers at your provider it takes some juice. Having the mail servers do all the work is much more efficient for your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Pull email: The device automatically checks / pulls from your inbox every 5, 10, 15 minutes, or whatever else you choose in the settings.

Push email: You get your email message as soon as it arrives in the inbox, aka, it is pushed to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
    Can I not have Push (instant email) on the Pre with Yahoo Mail? Never really found an answer to this question.

Yahoo is garbage IMO...Google runs EVERYTHING....
    Thanks for explaining Push--Gmail's the way to go then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast