1.    #1  
    I have a question about Outlook vs. Synergy and syncing to calendars and contacts. This is a crucial part of my decision on whether the Pre will work for me or not as not only a phone but a PIM.

I currently use Outlook 2007 as my main source of scheduling, contacts, tasks, etc., and I do it on two computers - one at home, one at work. When I schedule something on my computer(s), it's transferred to my phone, and vice versa, when I sync them. As I understand how the Pre will function, it will only sync one way with Outlook, and then only one time (at least that is how I understand it, I may be wrong and it won't be the last time, I'm sure). It relies on a web-based location for doing the updates and coordinating contacts and schedules, such as Google. My problem with doing that is my employer ( a hospital group) blocks all of those types of sites (we can't even get email from anything other than our in-house system). As for using the Exchange server, they only allow phones provided by our IS department to have access to the server, not personal phones. My Outlook information is not available to me outside of a hospital computer, ie, it never sees the Internet. Cell phone reception is not a problem outside of the hospital, but inside it is non-exsistent.

Is it possible to sync more than one time with Outlook, like on a daily basis. This could be a deal breaker for me as far as ever using a WebOS based phone if that is not possible. Again, I may not understand exactly how the Pre works in the real world, but after Saturday I may have a better understanding.

Thanks for any input. Not wanting this to turn into a debate on the pros and cons of why it works the way it does, just a just a question on how.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I use this. Instantaneous update from my google calendar to my outlook and visversa.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Edit: I should R>C>P! Google calendar sync is a good way to do it for those of you who's outlook PC's are connected to the internet.
    Last edited by Xyg; 06/04/2009 at 11:24 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I use this. Instantaneous update from my google calendar to my outlook and visversa.

Edit: I should R>C>P! Google calendar sync is a good way to do it for those of you who's outlook PC's are connected to the internet.
    That worked out great for the calendar, thanks. What about contacts?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Dieter let slip in one of his videos that CompanionLink will sync with Outlook directly via Wifi.

Edit: 2:44 in this http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-c...s-video-review
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post

i just checked this out but it says its only compatible with Microsoft Outlook versions 2003 and 2007--- i have '02! any other options you know of to sync?

thanks!