View Poll Results: What messaging do you prefer?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • AIM

    35 63.64%
  • Yahoo

    9 16.36%
  • MSN/Windows Live Messenger

    13 23.64%
  • ICQ

    1 1.82%
  • Jabber

    4 7.27%
  • Google Talk

    30 54.55%
  • Facebook Chat

    28 50.91%
  • Myspace

    2 3.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I really don't use AIM anymore since almost all of my friends are on Facebook and the way they implement chat is much easier for me since I don't have to worry about screen names. Basically my questions is whether or not I'm the only one who wants Facebook chat? If not that then what would you prefer or like to see and why?
    Last edited by dsjr2006; 06/04/2009 at 03:27 AM.
  2. #2  
    No you're not. Someone else asked about it a few days ago.

    I'm not one of the people who wants it though.
  3. #3  
    YOu can try using the link in the browser, it's something like facebook.com/popout, google it. But it would be cool to have a client, yeah.
  4. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #4  
    I want it to but its not make or break for me. It'd just be nice to have. Since facebook was an early partner on the Pre I would think they'd have something in the works. Of course I dont think Id want FBchat "always on" as long as my phones on. More importantly Id like to see them clean up synergy so I can filter my facebook contacts first.
  5. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #5  
    just to be clear you want it implemented into the notifications like Google Chat is correct?
  6. #6  
    yea, itd be cool, but i rather they fix the facebook synergy first so i could import just who i want. i can get by with gtalk till then
  7. zmerahn's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #7  
    No your not alone... I started a whole thread dedicated to it

    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I really don't use AIM anymore since almost all of my friends are on Facebook and the way they implement chat is much easier for me since I don't have to worry about screen names. Basically my questions is whether or not I'm the only one who wants Facebook chat? If not that then what would you prefer or like to see and why?
  8. #8  
    I am surprised only 2 (ATM) for WLM. I use it daily (Mundu), I am sure they will add it some day.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    No your not alone... I started a whole thread dedicated to it
    I thought I remembered reading/typing something about it in this forum before..... I basically started this so we could get a poll going.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    yea, itd be cool, but i rather they fix the facebook synergy first so i could import just who i want. i can get by with gtalk till then
    I think it would be nice if you could choose only certain groups of friends to sync or maybe just only sync the contacts that you actually have in your address book already. Idk maybe it won't be so bad, but I have like 800 friends and half of those I only communicate with on Facebook. I will see this weekend though.
  11. #11  
    All that I remember of Facebook chat is blocking it. Always randomly disconnected, lagged up firefox, seemed unpolished, and let's face it, the browser isn't ever going to be as good as a real dedicated IM app.

    No, I just don't see it being useful online. That said, having it on a mobile device or in an application of its own, sure!
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

    Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
  12. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #12  
    Missing option - Skype.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    All that I remember of Facebook chat is blocking it. Always randomly disconnected, lagged up firefox, seemed unpolished, and let's face it, the browser isn't ever going to be as good as a real dedicated IM app.

    No, I just don't see it being useful online. That said, having it on a mobile device or in an application of its own, sure!
    I don't use the browser based version, which works perfectly fine for me. I normally use Adium which has AIM, FB chat, and a bunch of other that I don't use.
  14. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Missing option - Skype.
    EDIT: Yeah, Skype would be nice... So many goddamn protocols around! It's really just insane.

    Anyway, I'd like to see Facebook Chat too. And, if they can't implement it themselves, at least the option for someone else to implement QQ. And I'm sure there's plenty of others out there, for various country-specific (i.e. QQ) messaging protocols.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    EDIT: Yeah, Skype would be nice... So many goddamn protocols around! It's really just insane.

    Anyway, I'd like to see Facebook Chat too. And, if they can't implement it themselves, at least the option for someone else to implement QQ. And I'm sure there's plenty of others out there, for various country-specific (i.e. QQ) messaging protocols.
    Trillian for Pre

    Astra supports every single protocol that exists.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. #16  
    I want QQ. Web QQ works, but is inconvenient
  17. #17  
    I would love to have Facebook chat, most of my friends and familly use it.
  18. #18  
    I'd enjoy using it, if it actually works... As is, FB chat is buggy and tedious to use, so whoever implements it needs to do it correctly... they also need to work with FB such that if my Pre is authenticated for chat it doesn't log me out of the website and vice-versa
  19. Tiffniefl's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #19  
    this is all I hav found to facebook chat ..copy link in palm pre browser.

    Login | Facebook

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions