Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out the three new videos added today.

Palm | Facebook
    I'll admit, I have absolutely no idea what this commercial is going to look like, but seems they went all-out on making it, that's for sure.
    The Pre is the most connected phone ever made... Why are they filming in a place it wouldn't work? It looks amazing nonetheless.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The Pre is the most connected phone ever made... Why are they filming in a place it wouldn't work? It looks amazing nonetheless.
    Ha, that's kind of funny. Good point.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I guess part of the decision process of shooting in China was the whole "secrecy" thing...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I guess part of the decision process of shooting in China was the whole "secrecy" thing...
    that's what I thought. If your that far out in the wilderness, gonna be hard for someone to find out what you're doing.
    whoever is directing this should be on national geographic, not making palm commercials. They make no sense so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    whoever is directing this should be on national geographic, not making palm commercials. They make no sense so far.
    Um, these clips are a PREVIEW???? They are not supposed to make sense....

Although the director does sound like the guy who would answer your call for Pre CS.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    you ever watched an entire Bob Ross painting? That dude never made any sense until you saw the final product.
    I think that using "china" as the backdrop for the commercial for the pre in ot going to be good, We are already pissed about china taking all our jobs, now they are taking our commercials too (joke), but realy, i think a commercial using USA would be better when trying to sell in the USA
    Um, these clips are a PREVIEW???? They are not supposed to make sense....

Although the director does sound like the guy who would answer your call for Pre CS.
    Guess you missed the "so far".... you'd imagine the pre would actually be shown in at least one of the videos.. or they would compile into something that some what gives you an idea that it has to do w/ a Pre.
    $$ it was probably cheaper to film there
    These are just supposed to be teasers, they're intentionally not giving away what the final ad will be like. But realistically, teasers are supposed to make you want to know more, whereas these ones are just annoying...
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
  14.    #14  
    probably cheaper - some of the scenery is better... and they have those synchronized dancers from the Olympics - can't find all that synchronized talent here in the US on a shoestring budget - well... probably not a shoestring budget - looks like they're going all out on this one, and not keeping a dime left in the bank unspent.

This is going to be FANTASTIC! I can't wait for something new and exciting and completely different than the damn white background for the iPhone commercials. blah blah ... there's an app for that.. . but wait... you can only use one app at a time.... haha
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I really have to question why Palm is blowing their limited funds on these kind of previews (and, I assume, ads)... you know, do we really want more of China shoved in our faces in the same week that GM files for bankruptcy? I think they're going in the wrong direction, but hope to be proven wrong when the official ads are posted...
    Not to mention that filming in China allows them to associate pretty well possibly with one of their remaining legacies (I don't know if it was trademarked or just people started referring to it as that or whatever)- the 'Zen of Palm'. I'm sure that means nothing right now to many new smartphone users, but it really would be a good theme for a widespread commercial rollout.
    The large group on a green screen reminds me a little of the current Sprint ads with the large crowds of people being broken down as stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not to mention that filming in China allows them to associate pretty well possibly with one of their remaining legacies (I don't know if it was trademarked or just people started referring to it as that or whatever)- the 'Zen of Palm'. I'm sure that means nothing right now to many new smartphone users, but it really would be a good theme for a widespread commercial rollout.
    Yeah, looks like they have an "order from chaos" sort of theme--goes great with the chinese/eastern look.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Palm Pre is designed to look "Organic". To me this is clear from the rounded design of the phone itself, from the demos where they seem to always have a river stone behind the phone being demoed (CES, All Things D). The Ring Tone itself sounds like Budhist tubular bells.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of the concepts Nature, harmony & simplicity... in my mind these trigger the concepts of "Zen" and "Budhism". And now this/these commercials being filmed in China...

Palm is building a theme around this phone. A theme that permeates every aspect of the phone: design, marketing and user experience. The "subliminal message", if you will, is "natural (intiutive?) simplicity". They want to say something along the lines of, "The Zen of Palm is back," or "Look at the new Zen of Palm."

Brilliant if they can manage to pull it off. Doesn't seem like anyone other than myself is feeling this theme though.
    Last edited by ronlongo; 06/02/2009 at 04:05 PM.
    that was a few minutes wasted that I'll never get back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast