Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wish the pre wasn't advertised in around communist China... I don't wanna be a commie
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    I wish the pre wasn't advertised in around communist China... I don't wanna be a commie
    Um, you are aware that pretty much every phone is made in China, right?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Palm Pre is designed to look "Organic". To me this is clear from the rounded design of the phone itself, from the demos where they seem to always have a river stone behind the phone being demoed (CES, All Things D). The Ring Tone itself sounds like Budhist tubular bells.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of the concepts Nature, harmony & simplicity... in my mind these trigger the concepts of "Zen" and "Budhism". And now this/these commercials being filmed in China...

Palm is building a theme around this phone. A theme that permeates every aspect of the phone: design, marketing and user experience. The "subliminal message", if you will, is "natural (intiutive?) simplicity". They want to say something along the lines of, "The Zen of Palm is back," or "Look at the new Zen of Palm."

Brilliant if they can manage to pull it off. Doesn't seem like anyone other than myself is feeling this theme though.
    I'm with you, I think you've nailed the marketing theme.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Um, you are aware that pretty much every phone is made in China, right?
    Including the PRE Yes, I know.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    It's OK. Economic models aren't contagious.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12