Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    If yes, is it pretty easy to set up? A novice here, so thanks.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Nope. Just an email address. See here.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    thanks. thought I saw something in a post that said I needed one to set up the Palm profile.
    IMO - go ahead and set one up right now just in case -

www.gmail.com

very easy.
    I think people were setting it up to start transfering contacts to gmail.
    Gmail is very easy to sign up for but you don't actually need a gmail email to use the pre.
    Gmail is not my current primary email but i will use it for my Pre Profile sign up because the Pre is so tied in with Google services i want to keep it all consistent from the get-go. AND it looks like the Pre will support PUSH IMAP Gmail so i'm most probably switching to Gmail as primary anyway.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I finally got a gMail account last night in anticipation of getting the pre!
    I'm not sure if I will set it up as the conduit for all of my email accounts. I guess that with PUSH, it may lend to the possibility.

Rob
    Place witty signature here:
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Had a gmail account before it was a public beta, just had to clean it up and import contacts, sync calender/contacts with outlook, now im ready to go!
    I love Googles applications. I have been using Gmail since it was invite only. I have about 8 accounts but they all forward to one primary one

I also created a cool Pre related Gmail account that I will use just for Pre related email. ii

Gmail really is the best Email out there. We convert people at work to it if we can. It integrates nicely and once you pimp it out with the labs tools, you can see all your information etc... in one place.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    super easy