Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Just got a notification from Facebook about a new post from Palm re: their new Pre ad that will be shown on FB on June 3rd. It was shot in three locations in China. Hope this link works:

Can't wait to view the Palm Pre Ad on June 3? Watch exclusive behind-the-scenes videos now about how the Palm Pre Ad was made with more to come!

Palm | Facebook

It's not much, but pretty cool nonetheless!
    From a twitter from @Palm Palm Pre ad debuts on Wednesday -- sneak preview live now: http://bit.ly/JZgZU
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    From a twitter from @Palm Palm Pre ad debuts on Wednesday -- sneak preview live now: Palm | Facebook
    I saw this info on a tweet from Palm and decided to check it out. There are two quick "behind the scenes" snippets of the making of the Pre commercial, apparently made in China. Part way through the first video there's a screenshot of an email describing the commercial. I've done my best to transcribe what I can make out:

TV(60): "Anima - Launch" (Original)

MUSIC: TREO

SCENE: We open tight on the Palm Pre and immediate begin pulling back.
    The phone is in the hand of Anima, the principal character of our campaign,
    in the center of a boundless space.

As we pull back, we reveal that she is surrounded by a large group of people swaying in unison. They are wearing beautiful bright colors.

She slides open the phone and the crowd springs into motion. They organize into groups of ... matching colors, the seperate into distinct crowds.

Their motion clearly mirrors her interactions with the phone.

.... the following product shots for the crowd to react to and ....choreography to be based on. (We are not sure yet how many will be in the...)
    * Sliding out the keyboard - This will establish the phone. You may see the...
    * Anima typing on the keyboard - Doing a Universal Search for Kelly R...
    * Anima looking at one calendar and then selecting all calendars.
    * Anima turning phone on its side to switch to landscape view.
    * Anima dragging her finger up from gesture area to reveal ......
    * Anima ....
    * Anima .... from side to side...
    Interesting, no doubt. The rest is blurred. If anyone else can add to this, that would be great. I don't know how the Facebook mockup, that was previously reported, will play into this or if it's for a totally different commercial altogether. Nevertheless, I'm super excited to see it coming our way!

Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    From a twitter from @Palm Palm Pre ad debuts on Wednesday -- sneak preview live now: Palm | Facebook
    What kinda address is that? Anyone brave enough to click it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
    What kinda address is that? Anyone brave enough to click it?
    bit.ly, a simple url shortener
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Here is a little tease of the facebook ad from palm as you all know June 3rd all will be reveal. Palm | Facebook
    smh at palm wtf are they doing
    "What we're doing here is nothing short of relaunching our brand, relaunching our company" - with that? I hope the ad is a LOT better! I saw a couple of turned off Pre's, and some arty shots of China - they need to talk about the Pre's killer features, not all that nonsense!
    Is 361 the number of Pre's available at launch? It looked like it was a China tourism commercial more than for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Just got a notification from Facebook about a new post from Palm re: their new Pre ad that will be shown on FB on June 3rd. It was shot in three locations in China. Hope this link works:

Can't wait to view the Palm Pre Ad on June 3? Watch exclusive behind-the-scenes videos now about how the Palm Pre Ad was made with more to come!

Palm | Facebook

It's not much, but pretty cool nonetheless!
    Thanks for the post man, but this has been out for a few days now.
    So far, I like what I see. Very high concept stuff with the visual representation of flowing gestures. And much better than the creepy and dumb mini-me commercials for the Centro.

I look forward to seeing the actual commercial.

More irony from Palm though, is that I don't think there's any Chinese language input on the device yet.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just Googled "Anima" and came upon a WikiPedia entry.

I think this might be what the video is referencing based on this segment here:

"the entire process of anima development in a male is about the male subject opening up to emotionality, and in that way a broader spirituality, by creating a new conscious paradigm that includes intuitive processes, creativity and imagination, and psychic sensitivity towards himself and others where it might not have existed previously."

I could be wrong about this, but based on Nathan7's post, the video might be trying to say that through using the Palm Pre there is this new conscious paradigm being created.
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    "What we're doing here is nothing short of relaunching our brand, relaunching our company" - with that? I hope the ad is a LOT better! I saw a couple of turned off Pre's, and some arty shots of China - they need to talk about the Pre's killer features, not all that nonsense!
    Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not the ad but a behind-the-scenes look at the ad.
    did anyone watch the "blue screen" part of it in which it looked like they had someone ready to show the features of the phone...soft white glove with pre in hand and it looked like all of the directors, etc. were telling them what to do, etc.?? i think the end product will be pretty good.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    what are those 6 white dots doing on the phone???
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm thinking they're markers for some sort of CGI effects that will be added in post-production. Just a guess.

Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan7 View Post
    I'm thinking they're markers for some sort of CGI effects that will be added in post-production. Just a guess.
    A logical conclusion.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    what are those 6 white dots doing on the phone???
    Computer tracking. Probably so they can overlay the Pre's screen image on the device.
    That was not the commercial! They were simply giving us a video montage of the place in which they shot the commercial. The "sneak peek" is meant only to give you a little background info on the backdrop of the commercial. It doesn't lend itself to the contents of the commercial itself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast