Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If its an ad from Palm you know it'll be lame.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I am intrigued. Watching the behind-the-scene clips, I feel they're trying to create an Apple Macintosh 1984 commercial-like moment. Palm's Anima resembles Apple's runner, and both ads look to be pretty abstract and indirect, though Palm at least will show the product and its features. That's why they say they're relaunching the company: like 1984, they're making the statement that things will not be the same after this. But instead of violently smashing things with a hammer, they're going to gently open up a can of Tai Chi on yo' ***.

I for one dig the audacity of this. I'm kinda loving this new confident side of Palm. I know not everyone will like the ad (this forum is a tough crowd!), but I think it has the potential to make quite an impression on the general public.

Re China, I think it's brilliant. It ties so many things together. The Zen of Palm. The notion of flow--instead of Synergy, they should name it Syner-chi! Plus, I bet they're going to borrow some visual imagery from the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony ("large group of people swaying in unison") which is still pretty fresh. Interesting that her name is Anima though. It's a Western name and idea in an Eastern setting.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Random thought. Is it possible that the giant Facebook ad is a Sprint ad, and not a Palm ad? The Facebook ad seems akin to Sprint's Now Network ads.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Random thought. Is it possible that the giant Facebook ad is a Sprint ad, and not a Palm ad? The Facebook ad seems akin to Sprint's Now Network ads.
    That makes more sense. Hopefully we'll know in just a few days.

Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_lina View Post
    that was not the commercial! They were simply giving us a video montage of the place in which they shot the commercial. The "sneak peek" is meant only to give you a little background info on the backdrop of the commercial. It doesn't lend itself to the contents of the commercial itself.
    mother nature has spoken!!!!!!!!!!....lol
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12