Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the pre will include facebook chat?
    Out of the box the Pre will support Google Talk and AIM chat. Whether Facebook and other chat services can be added has not been specified.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Did you sign up for the Palm Pre commercial that's going to "air" on Facebook this week? That may answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopb View Post
    Did you sign up for the Palm Pre commercial that's going to "air" on Facebook this week? That may answer your question.
    cant u just tell us if you know?
    and I would like to know this to, the facebook app for iphone has it.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I was hoping it would be integrated into the OS like the AIM chat, not a separate app.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    and I would like to know this to, the facebook app for iphone has it.
    If the facebook app doesn't have it you could always try this link from the browser until an app comes out or theres an update to the im app(or additional apps from the app store):

Login | Facebook
    I almost think apple may pay facebook to make the iphone app better, because facebook has not updated the Blackberry Facebook app in forever... while the iphone one gets updates all the time.

does anyone know what the Pre one looks like
    cant u just tell us if you know?
    Not trying to be cryptic, just trying to be helpful.

Should read: I don't know. But signing up for, and watching, the pre commercial on facebook may answer the question for ALL of us.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I am pretty sure it is more of a web interface then an app. I think it will look similar to http://iphone.facebook.com/login.php

I almost think apple may pay facebook to make the iphone app better, because facebook has not updated the Blackberry Facebook app in forever... while the iphone one gets updates all the time.

I just saw the app on google, it does not have Chat but it is much better than Blackberry's .... man I was really hoping for Chat though.

here it is - http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....ands-on-57.jpg

completely inaccurate. A major blackberry update was just released and a new version is already close to release.

I think it has more to do with how and how many users are accessing Facebook from a specific platform. You'll notice the Palm OS Facebook app hasn't seen an update in quite some time either - Facebook is focusing on where most of its mobile users come from: the mobile web page and iPhones. If webOS manages to garner similar Facebook mobile marketshare then you can count on it getting similar attention.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    completely inaccurate. A major blackberry update was just released and a new version is already close to release.
    oh my bad then, I didnt know a updated one was released. Is there facebook chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I think it has more to do with how and how many users are accessing Facebook from a specific platform. You'll notice the Palm OS Facebook app hasn't seen an update in quite some time either - Facebook is focusing on where most of its mobile users come from: the mobile web page and iPhones. If webOS manages to garner similar Facebook mobile marketshare then you can count on it getting similar attention.
    is the image i posted the old palm facebook app?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Looks almost identical to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook I think it is kinda lame that it wont have the option to upload pictures and do advanced stuff like tagging photos the way an actual app is able to do.

I just saw the app on google, it does not have Chat but it is much better than Blackberry's .... man I was really hoping for Chat though.

here it is - http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....ands-on-57.jpg
    Okay, since people are on the subject.... why does Facebook chat even have a reason for existing anyway? Wasn't it enough to have AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk, Jabber, Skype, and so on and so forth? I mean, seriously what's the point of another proprietary chat protocol? (I almost called it an application, but since other than the iPhone Facebook application, you're required to run it on a website anyway, that word doesn't really apply.) As far as I'm concerned there's absolutely no valid reason for its existence.

Don't get me wrong, if people want it included in Synergy, then I hope for their sake that it is, but I still have to just ask why people use it instead of some other, more widespread chat application. I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's just that it and BBM are the two things that I have absolutely no idea why they've actually caught on in large populations.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    Looks almost identical to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook I think it is kinda lame that it wont have the option to upload pictures and do advanced stuff like tagging photos the way an actual app is able to do.
    well I think it will just take time, the very first facebook app for iphone sucked... so maybe in a month or 2 we will get a really good one
    Facebook chat lets you get in contact with your Facebook friends without having to worry about what service they're on. If they're on Facebook, then they're on Facebook chat.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I find facebook chat extremely useful. I find more often then not I can catch people on facebook chat when they arent signed on to any of the other chat protocols. Also programs like palringo allow you to use facebook chat on your pc, mac or winmo phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, since people are on the subject.... why does Facebook chat even have a reason for existing anyway? Wasn't it enough to have AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk, Jabber, Skype, and so on and so forth? I mean, seriously what's the point of another proprietary chat protocol? (I almost called it an application, but since other than the iPhone Facebook application, you're required to run it on a website anyway, that word doesn't really apply.) As far as I'm concerned there's absolutely no valid reason for its existence.

Don't get me wrong, if people want it included in Synergy, then I hope for their sake that it is, but I still have to just ask why people use it instead of some other, more widespread chat application. I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's just that it and BBM are the two things that I have absolutely no idea why they've actually caught on in large populations.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast