1.    #1  
    When I put yahoo mail on my Pre, will all my contacts and there number go into my contacts? because I obviously dont want that... I just want my mail lol

and with Facebook, if I download the Facebook app or go to facebook.com on my pre, are all my friends going into my contacts?

I just want to enter contacts in myself lol, like a normal phone. Is there a way to turn this function off?

thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    When I put yahoo mail on my Pre, will all my contacts and there number go into my contacts? because I obviously dont want that... I just want my mail lol

and with Facebook, if I download the Facebook app or go to facebook.com on my pre, are all my friends going into my contacts?

I just want to enter contacts in myself lol, like a normal phone. Is there a way to turn this function off?

thanks guys
    The Pre can't sync contacts from Yahoo, so you're fine there.

Also, the Pre will absolutely not sync anything from Facebook until you specifically go into the contacts app, give it your facebook info, and tell it to sync that.

Otherwise, no matter if you view the website or use the facebook app, it will not do any of the synergy functions, and work like a "normal phone".
    No, since Yahoo doesn't work with Synergy yet, you'll just get your email.

Unknown, but I would guess that the Facebook app and the Facebook support in Synergy are two separate things, so you should be fine.

There's a way to not use it and just backup to the Palm Profile... but I don't know about you, but for me, any contacts that I have on Google contacts were ones I added myself, and the same goes for anyone I accepted on Facebook. (I know, it syncs Google's suggested contacts as well, but I never email through Google's website anyway, so I never have to bother with suggested contacts being added.)

In my opinion, by doing what you describe, you're crippling one of the Pre's key differentiating factors, but hey, whatever works for you.
  4.    #4  
    I dont think synching contact to your Pre is a differentiating function, especially when its not something I can do myself. To be honest I dont see why anyone thinks its a big deal.

now the sliding cards and be able to do different things at once, thats a cool feature
    I dont think synching contact to your Pre is a differentiating function, especially when its not something I can do myself. To be honest I dont see why anyone thinks its a big deal.

now the sliding cards and be able to do different things at once, thats a cool feature
    SG Pre UserGuide
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    AWESOME, thanks for the link!