Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't believe we're this close to lauch and no visible solution for using the cloud/Google for Notes and Task - not to mention no Bottom Line on direct sync to Outlook for all PIM info.

I looked hard at Google Notebook which is their version of Notes/Memo. It sucks and it's no longer supported. So it's just out there with no apparent development going on. And forget about syncing it.

I'm just hoping Google and or a 3rd party app will announce more steps for the PIM synergy and or syncing to Outlook. (maybe their just holding back this info but if that's the case I can't imagine why.)

There are lots of people who don't use Task nor Notes. They use their Calendar for Task and their Contacts for Notes. I just can't make that adjustment.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/01/2009 at 01:16 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I can't believe we're this close to lauch and no visible solution for using the cloud/Google for Notes and Task - not to mention no Bottom Line on direct sync to Outlook for all PIM info.

I looked hard at Google Notebook which is their version of Notes/Memo. It sucks and it's no longer supported. So it's just out there with no apparent development going on. And forget about syncing it.

I'm just hoping Google and or a 3rd party app will announce more steps for the PIM synergy and or syncing to Outlook. (maybe their just holding back this info but if that's the case I can't imagine why.)

There are lots of people who don't use Task nor Notes. They use their Calendar for Task and their Contacts for Notes. I just can make that adjustment.

Good Luck
    In your last sentence did you mean "can't make that adjustment"?

I create Notes/Memos by putting them in a folder on my email account. Works fine for me and is accessible anywhere. I haven't used Tasks yet but I just tested it out with Safari on my iPod Touch and it's not that bad to use the browser to manage tasks. The advantage of this compared to the Tasks app is that it'll show up in calendar. The disadvantage is that there's no Universal Search in Calendar while there is in Tasks. Of course, it would be more practical and convenient to have the Tasks app support syncing with Google Tasks.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/01/2009 at 12:24 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    In your last sentence did you mean "can't make that adjustment"?

I create Notes/Memos by putting them in a folder on my email account. Works fine for me and is accessible anywhere. I haven't used Tasks yet but I just tested it out with Safari on my iPod Touch and it's not that bad to use the browser to manage tasks. The advantage of this compared to the Tasks app is that it'll show up in calendar. The disadvantage is that there's no Universal Search in Calendar while there is in Tasks. Of course, it would be more practical and convenient to have the Tasks app support syncing with Google Tasks.
    Tks EeZeEpEe for the catch: I did mean "can't make that adjustment".

And thanks for your ideas.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I hope tasks syncs. Every time I turn on Tasks in activesync, I get an error. So I don't think GoogleSync is set up for Tasks yet. I'm guessing the Pre uses a different system.
    I just had a thought. If all of this stuff is sync'ed to the Palm Profile wirelessly, why would there be any threat of losing your data? A desktop solution isn't necessarily a must, but it would be nice to see the tasks on your own computer. But hey, your Pre will be a pretty dang good computer in your pocket, with you all the time.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    http://mail.google.com/tasks/i

This is the iphone formatted version of tasks. Set as a shortcut in the launcher and keep the tasks in the cloud with the rest of your google stuff. It's not really more powerful than the built-in tasks, but at least it's synced somewhere.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Actually the android version is slightly more compatible at http://mail.google.com/tasks/android
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12