Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Login | Facebook

Here’s your chance to see the exclusive premiere of a new Palm Pre commercial before anyone else.

The ad was inspired by the way the Pre phone lets you effortlessly flow among all your life’s diverse passions and dimensions. All those connections (friends, coworkers, family, etc.) are represented by characters in a picturesque landscape. As our main character touches the screen, types, and interacts with Palm Pre, her world adjusts. A beautiful dance of invisible organization.

Keep your eyes peeled for the national campaign launching in the near future. We thought we'd give our friends on Facebook a sneak preview first.

Please RSVP for the online debut of this new ad. We’ll also be offering some exclusive behind-the-scenes videos about how the ad was made over the next few days right here on http://www.facebook.com/palm.
    omfg there goes all the pres, god damn i better get one
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I hope this is where we see that giant facebook billboard or whatever it was.
    Over/under on the number of precentral users that will RSVP? 50?
    I'm a MySpacer, but I just joined Facebook now. It's kind of confusing.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Facebook is slow as hell today. I am with prekilla, there goes all our Pre's if there is a lack in stock (Which I don't believe).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I'm a MySpacer, but I just joined Facebook now. It's kind of confusing.
    This is a serious problem. I joined Facebook a while back and after my first visit I was like "ahhhh... what I dont get it" so I never used it. I only started really using it a couple months ago when I downloaded the Palm app (which I never use anymore, because I've found the mobile website to be better... at least until NEXT SATURDAY!) But anyways... I've invited a bunch of friends who use myspace to join Facebook (because now I'm obsessed) and EVERY ONE OF THEM has only mildly used it the first week or so and they all said its confusing. Since then, they've all caught on and are frequent users... but that's not a good thing that 90% of people find it confusing at their first few visits.

Facebook needs to work on its first timer user experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh347 View Post
    This is a serious problem. I joined Facebook a while back and after my first visit I was like "ahhhh... what I dont get it" so I never used it. I only started really using it a couple months ago when I downloaded the Palm app (which I never use anymore, because I've found the mobile website to be better... at least until NEXT SATURDAY!) But anyways... I've invited a bunch of friends who use myspace to join Facebook (because now I'm obsessed) and EVERY ONE OF THEM has only mildly used it the first week or so and they all said its confusing. Since then, they've all caught on and are frequent users... but that's not a good thing that 90% of people find it confusing at their first few visits.

It used to be a billion times better when it was a simple interface and only college students, now it is so flooded, slow, and crappy. I want the OLD facebook back!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh347 View Post

Rant Warning...

Facebook used to be much simpler and easier to use before the last few interface updates (and don't get me started on the horrible 'applications'.)

What can I say, I don't really care about seeing people's status, (if I did I'd check their Twitter, which I only use for very specific things), I don't care about stupid "Movie Quizzes" or "What hair color should you have" or any of that crap. As far as I'm concerned, back when it was just contact info, the wall, and pictures and videos it was much more to my liking. And why does there need to be a Facebook specific IM again? Weren't there already enough proprietary networks?

Though, at least it doesn't have all of the ridiculous backgrounds and page designs and music playing as soon as you visit a person like Myspace does. (Myspace is like the Geocities/Angelfire of the 00s, in my opinion, and everything but their band websites can't go away fast enough.)
    this is definately getting the word out, when i rsvp'd there were about 50 people signed up. now its up to 1200
    wow already 1779 confirmed guests ... im shocked