Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these take the songs off of your ipod and put them on your computer?
    As will SharePod. You can see in the quick tutorial I whipped up that there is an option to Copy to PC, or to Backup iPod.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ut-itunes.html
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I wonder if the Pre supports m3u's...
    As far as I can tell, no, it doesn't.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgoodness View Post
    As far as I can tell, no, it doesn't.
    Doesn't support .asx playlists either. Sorry to hijack this thread, but when you sync music from Itunes or Windows Media Player with the Pre, does it even create playlists? If so, then what is the format?
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    Doesn't support .asx playlists either. Sorry to hijack this thread, but when you sync music from Itunes or Windows Media Player with the Pre, does it even create playlists? If so, then what is the format?
    I just erased everything and tries through WMP and playlists still don't work .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to remove music you've synced to your Pre with DoubleTwist? I've got a Santana song on there that I want off, and it shows up on the Pre and on DoubleTwist, but not in any USB folders.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Anyone know how to remove music you've synced to your Pre with DoubleTwist? I've got a Santana song on there that I want off, and it shows up on the Pre and on DoubleTwist, but not in any USB folders.
    In DoubleTwist there's a Trash button while browsing a device. Did you try that?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    In DoubleTwist there's a Trash button while browsing a device. Did you try that?
    Didn't see it... I'll keep my eye out for it next time. Thanks.
    I synced with iTunes (which I hate), but it worked. Later, I tried to add more stuff with RhythmBox and Amarok in Linux. Both programs recognized the files already on there, and copied stuff to it, but the Pre didn't recognize the new files. Hooked it back up to the computer, and both apps showed the new files they copied. They just couldn't be recognized by the Pre.

I gave up, and just used the drag and drop method, after deleting the hidden iPod Control folder. I used EricDaugherty.com - iTunes Export M3U Playist Exporter to copy all the songs in my playlist to somewhere that I could drag and drop them easily.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    has anyone successfully synced using linux? i just tried using songbird and the files weren't recognized
  10.    #30  
    Bump since iTunes 8.2.1 has officially blocked syncing.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Does anyone know if the Missing Sync supports play lists? Can it read them from your Mac's copy of iTunes?

Thanks.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Does anyone know if the Missing Sync supports play lists? Can it read them from your Mac's copy of iTunes?

Thanks.
    According to markspace.com it does music and playlist syncing. Of course this only works with non-DRM files.

13.    #33  
    Just found a new one called Salling Media Sync. It works with iTunes to sync music, podcasts, and photos. Reminds me of Blackberry Media Sync.

Woohoo! Just posted this in another thread (this forum's a little disorganized ), but DoubleTwist sync'd my iTunes playlists perfectly; including album art! The only thing is, they go into the Pre's "album" tab instead of "playlists," but who cares!!!

And since it works with my Touch as well, bye bye iTunes!

Only thing I wonder is: how long will doubletwist be free?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Woohoo! Just posted this in another thread (this forum's a little disorganized ), but DoubleTwist sync'd my iTunes playlists perfectly; including album art! The only thing is, they go into the Pre's "album" tab instead of "playlists," but who cares!!!

And since it works with my Touch as well, bye bye iTunes!

Only thing I wonder is: how long will doubletwist be free?
    That's great if all your playlists are albums but that's not actually syncing with playlists. That's getting music that are in playlists but organizing them with the data from the files. So if you like to create playlists with mixed albums the songs will transfer but the order and actual playlist doesn't. Doubletwist is aware of the problem and says it's because the Pre doesn't support playlists via USB Drive. It only supports it via Media Sync.

That's great if all your playlists are albums but that's not actually syncing with playlists. That's getting music that are in playlists but organizing them with the data from the files. So if you like to create playlists with mixed albums the songs will transfer but the order and actual playlist doesn't. Doubletwist is aware of the problem and says it's because the Pre doesn't support playlists via USB Drive. It only supports it via Media Sync.
    Hmm; interesting. Isn't a playlist a playlist, though? If it can read one, shouldn't it be able to read another? At least they're working on a fix.

Never mind; I understand what you're saying now.
    Last edited by PookiePrancer; 07/16/2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post

Thanks.
    According to markspace.com it does music and playlist syncing. Of course this only works with non-DRM files.
    Well, I tried this last night. Used iTunes to remove all the music I'd put there with iTunes (since that's in a hidden file.) Then used Missing Sync to put it back. The interface isn't as nice, mostly because iTunes shows you have much space is available and compares that to how many MB of music you've selected, so it's easier to prioritize and decide exactly how much you want. But other than that, Missing Sync mostly worked fine.

EXCEPT: Two of the songs I purchased from iTunes appear to be protected, but don't show up in the iTunes store as songs I can convert to unprotected. (I "upgraded" all the songs I still want that iTunes let me upgrade) I would have assumed that these songs weren't eligible for upgrade, but I'm pretty sure they DID transfer to the Pre using iTunes. I think they just have a DRM-bit set wrong somewhere, but not consistently. :shrug:
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes, the Missing Sync supports playlists. It is fast and easy and if one adds a song or three to the playlist, it notes the addition and adds them to the Pre.

As others noted, it does not bring over songs the Pre cannot play (DRM songs).

I love the Missing Sync for its support, ease of use, and reliability. Now, in spite of the fact that I have not upgraded my Mac to the new iTunes, I use the Missing Sync to sync my media.

harlan
    Well, us Window users still have to wait until they come out with the version for us. But it looks like a nice product.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12