Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1.    #1  
    Chapura - PocketMirror

    Unless, I not reading this clearly, it does not look like Pocket Mirror will synch anything other than Contacts and Calendars.

    But what about those Palm staples Tasks and Notes? I guess the wait is on for an app that will synchronize everything that the Palm Desktop application did.
  2. #2  
    That's what i'll be using..
  3. #3  
    If it can't sync memos and tasks it somewhat defeats the purpose. I'd probably suck it up and migrate to google.

    Just realized it's just Outlook too. If complete PD support is truly dead, I'll just suck up going to google, spend the time to convert all my memos to word docs and then check out the TP2 and Android options down the road since there'll be zero ties to Palm. Especially if they're going to make me take the time to do all that memo conversion and sort them into folders since categories are gone in the note section. What a waste.
    Last edited by crogs571; 05/29/2009 at 08:28 AM.
  4. #4  
    It looks like this software syncs directly with outlook over WiFi. I think this gives me hope that other companies (SplashData) can do the same for their apps. From their website...........

    "this is a direct synchronization between the PC and Pre over the local Wi-Fi network."
  5. #5  
    true. wonder if you have multiple programs syncing if you'd have to do each one separately or would the Pre end up with a one touch sync option. oh the irony...
  6. #6  
    I use Chapura to sync my calendar with my Treo680
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7. #7  
    Not syncing Tasks and Notes will be very dissappointing for me.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    If it can't sync memos and tasks it somewhat defeats the purpose. I'd probably suck it up and migrate to google.

    Just realized it's just Outlook too. If complete PD support is truly dead, I'll just suck up going to google, spend the time to convert all my memos to word docs and then check out the TP2 and Android options down the road since there'll be zero ties to Palm. Especially if they're going to make me take the time to do all that memo conversion and sort them into folders since categories are gone in the note section. What a waste.
    Chapura is very good at Outlook syncing. I trust them much more than I trust Google not to mess up my data. Complete PD support is probably dead but Chapura also sell a migration tool to move PD data into Outlook.

    I am not sure why they can't sync tasks and notes. Perhaps WebOS provides no way to do this. I hope that it not the case.
  9. #9  
    want to hear something funny? Chapura is still bound by the NDA, and that webpage is not supposed to publicly exist yet. I was going back and forth with their support and after getting the canned response Herbert got. I followed up with they've already mentioned direct syncing with Outlook (I was fishing for PD syncing). So their next reply was...
    After June 6th (release date) we will be able to answer more questions
    about the Palm Pre. I am not sure what information you see on our web
    site relating to the Palm Pre-I do not think there is any mention of the
    "Palm Pre" on our site. Maybe you saw something in an FAQ? But
    hopefully you do not see "Palm Pre" spelled out anywhere.
    So I follow up with:
    this is your site, no?
    Chapura - PocketMirror
    And I get back:
    The page you accessed is not supposed to be available as of yet. We are still
    bound by Palm's NDA. Until they give us permission, we can't give out any
    information regarding the Palm Pre.
    I wonder who screwed that one up. Personally, I think it's info that should be available before launch. People are trying to figure out how to manage their personal info. The time to find that out is before you have the product in hand, not after. You want to iron out as many kinks as possible so you can have a smooth transition to the new phone. That part of my email just went ignored.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wonder who screwed that one up. Personally, I think it's info that should be available before launch. People are trying to figure out how to manage their personal info. The time to find that out is before you have the product in hand, not after. You want to iron out as many kinks as possible so you can have a smooth transition to the new phone. That part of my email just went ignored.
    No one is forcing you to buy a Pre on launch day. You could wait until some of your questions are answered. If you chose not to, you shouldn't blame anyone else if your transition is a bit bumpy.
  11. #11  
    It's an observation with all this speculation going on and the many questions people have about managing their PIM info. Sorry for giving my personal opinion. Even HP gave me a thanks so I must've said something right
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No one is forcing you to buy a Pre on launch day. You could wait until some of your questions are answered. If you chose not to, you shouldn't blame anyone else if your transition is a bit bumpy.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    It's an observation with all this speculation going on and the many questions people have about managing their PIM info. Sorry for giving my personal opinion. Even HP gave me a thanks so I must've said something right
    Actually, the "thanks" was for the information about Chapura's site. The "shoulda" stuff is all pretty old news.

    Sorry...
  13. #13  
    it is old news. does anyone have a sense of humor around here. people are so serious. c'mon Herb. work with me here.

    I just didn't think I was personally complaining about my own situation, that's all.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  14. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #14  
    anyone try any of this yet?
  15.    #15  
    Yes, definitely curious about this.
  16. #16  
    Chapura has now changed there home page - it's all about the Palm Pre. They have two products coming to the Pre. PocketMirror that will sync with Outlook and Echo that will sync with Palm Desktop.

    Microsoft Outlook sync software for your Palm and password management software for your PC
  17. #17  
    The pictures that I have associated with my contacts in Outlook do not sync. Am I doing something wrong or is everyone having the same problem?

    -Geoff
  18. wlmoore's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #18  
    Geoff: no, PocketMirror didn't sync my contact pictures from Outlook either. (I only had two pictures, but they didn't sync.)

    FWIW DTA did copy over my contact pictures from Palm Desktop.
  19. #19  
    anyone else give this a spin?
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Chapura has now changed there home page - it's all about the Palm Pre. They have two products coming to the Pre. PocketMirror that will sync with Outlook and Echo that will sync with Palm Desktop.
    I didn't know about Echo -- looks promising _except_ it will only sync calendar and contacts. I sent them a request for memos and tasks syncing as well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions