Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireone23 View Post
    Can PM sync only calendar and not the contacts? I wish to sync up to my work calendar and don't feel like having 10k contacts on my Pre.
    I think it does. You should be able to select which (Contacts or Calendar) you do or don't want synced via the "PocketMirror" menu bar at the top of the application.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Did I miss something? PocketMirror sync'd all of my contacts from Gmail and Outlook THEN combined them and sync'd them all back to Outlook.

Not good! I thought the point of Synergy was to keep all this stuff separate. If I wanted Gmail contacts sync'd with Outlook I would have done that a long time ago.
    sounds like more of a pocketmirror issue than a Pre issue.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    sounds like more of a pocketmirror issue than a Pre issue.
    I agree. I just submitted the question to Chapura. We'll see what happens.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Of did I hose something in the setup?
    I just synced my contacts to Facebook - the new Facebook contacts did not import into my Outlook contacts (running Outlook 2007).

For what its worth, I had synced using Chapura with Outlook contacts only before adding my Facebook contacts to my Pre.
    Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    OK, I know it's kinda taboo to quote yourself but I figured this out. To reset your Palm Profile, go into Backup and turn it off. Confirm the dialog box "Turn Off and Erase Backup Data." I'm not sure if you have to remove all accounts from the device but you might try it (I only had one account to erase). Full Erase your device from the "Device Info" settings and when it comes back up, wa-la, no more info. Then you can sync your PocketMirror and it'll be the only shizzle on there.
    So, after I perform a Full Erase, do I have to reinstall all of my apps (including Echo) before I can sync?
    Nicky
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late reply but I'm not sure NSanders. I just did it again (by accident) but PocketMirror was still on even after the full erase. (also all my patches were still installed).
    Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    I ended up doing a Partial Erase, and it worked perfectly for me. It deleted all of my data, but left the apps. Then, the apps reloaded by themselves while I synced with Echo.

Now I have one set of contacts and calendar appointments and all of the apps that I had already loaded.

Sweet!
    Nicky
    I just came across this topic and had a question as I'm waiting for my phone to finish updating. I was using Pocket Mirror with my Outlook 2007 and didn't have any problems. Then I downloaded MS Office 2010 beta (which is kinda cool) and could not sync Outlook with Pocket Mirror. Originally, PM support said it wasn't compatible with Outlook 2010, but they were coming out with an update to fix the problem. But I never got it to work with 2010 and PM eventually gave me a refund. I haven't found any other app that syncs with Outlook and I kinda want to give PM another shot (since its been a couple of months). Is anyone out there using Office/Outlook 2010 with PM and what kind of results are you having with it?
    I just took the plunge and updated my 7-day PocketMirror to the full program. I'm very happy with the ability to sync tasks and notes/memos, and since these are key parts of my GTD system I'm feeling great about that. I disabled the Mail and Contacts sync....I'm very happy with the Synergy sync for that and not really interested in syncing gmail and facebook contacts back to Outlook. So it's an expensive way to get a small bit of very important functionality. I'm sure at some point that Palm will figure out how to put memo and tasks in the cloud as well and make this purchase unnecessary, but until then I'm on board.
    I'm finding the Notes app within PocketMirror is worth it alone.

The simple but effective search facility has made Notes my primary note taking app.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  12.    #52  
    Is there any update on Outlook 2010 compatibility?
    I have had Outlook 2010 for a couple of months now and have been using PocketMirror without any issues. You shouldn't have any problems syncing the same way as with Outlook 2007. I just sync contacts and calendar and it is very smooth.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123