Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Never used it...... Never will. We are Pre-Me's. Who needs I-Goonz. Anyone try making a playlist thru Zune?
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major.Malfunction View Post

My money is on a complete Apple **** block on Palm inside of 30 days.
    I think it will be 60 to maximise the numbers of people affected.

There is no suprise here - Apple's business model is to control it all - the hardware and the software.
    Apple = carefully scripted user environments aimed at the disposable income age bracket.

There is NO WAY they are going to sit there and let someone else make money off of what they did. If this was not the case, why can't you run their OS on any Intel boxes? Its all the same chipset these days, yet Apple has made it that you can run Leopard on anything but a box that as Apple firmware on it. Apple wants you to buy their hardware and their software and want you to run it according to Apple rules. This all equates to a carefully scripted environment where its easy to get you to drink the Kool-Aid/

Apple is good at showing/telling its users what they will be able to do and how they will be able to do it. That helps with the illusion that their products are superior, etc. Don't get me wrong, they make good stuff. But if you pigeon hole so you can't get the oppurtunity to draw outside the lines, it seems to do its thing even better.

My money is on a complete Apple **** block on Palm inside of 30 days.
    I run mac osx on my acer aspire one
    Has anyone synced with Itunes version 8.2.0.23 on WinXP Pro?

Do Help, About on Itunes to see what version you have.
    this would be a HUGE mistake on Apple's part, shutting out potential business from their music platform is not a way to be seen
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    A huge mistake on Apple's part? They're shutting out potential iphone sales by letting palm do this. Palm is the one being underhanded here.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dld121 View Post
    Has anyone synced with Itunes version 8.2.0.23 on WinXP Pro?

Do Help, About on Itunes to see what version you have.
    I have that version on WinXP Pro. Music and playlists sync OK but photos and videos do not sync. Never having used itunes I wanted to know if it would sync the pics taken with the phone to the desktop?
    You can make your own music folder on your Pre when connected through USB. Actually, you can call it anything you want as long as there are music files in it. I rip my own music from CD or stuff I have purchased from other stores into mp3 files. Dropped them into a folder called music on the Pre and now I can play them with no problem.

According to the Pre user manual, it will only play certain types of files:

You can play music that you copy from your computer or stream from the Web in the following formats: MP3, AAC, or AAC+ format. For files received as email attachments, you can play files in the MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV, AMR, or QCLEP format.

But if you do make a Music folder, I beleive you cannot make subfolders under that (like artist or album folders) because the Pre will only see 1 folder deep. Or at least I think that is what someone posted earlier. I haven't tried it yet to verify.
    I have a music folder with subfolders under it and the pre reads it fine.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345