Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I'm hoping palm will eventually add VNC or RDP. That's one that I'm worried about since it'll be impossible with Javascript&HTML.
    I'm guessing it'll end up taking a hack to get file management, be it through ssh or what have you
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    - Tethering via Bluetooth.
    - A "Today/Tomorrow" view if there isn't one already.
    - Custom alert times.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    On screen keyboard
    Groups in contacts and bookmarks
    Sync to my contacts instead of "all"
    Ability to save files from the web
    File browser
    Flash support
    Non gimped Bluetooth
    What do you mean by non-gimped?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Oh, I almost forgot...

An alarm clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Ability to use center button light as notification.
    This is a stupid question but is the center button an actual LED? I haven't seen it and they can't add an LED OTA
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Bluetooth does not appear to support object push (bluetooth beaming) or anything other than audio. I want to be able to send photos to the pre via bluetooth from my camera.
    Improved double tap to zoom since DP indicated it's not working well. Kind of important to me.

Compatibility with 64bit Vista if true that it isn't.
    Automatic Sound/Radio/BT-Wifi Profiles based on Calendar/Busy Status and/or GPS Location

SMS Call Reject

Calendar Entry Templates
    If not there already, folder navigation in a system-wide filepicker widget.

Page 109 of the user guide they say:

To create an album, use your computerís controls for creating a new folder. (To be sure
    the Photos application can find the album, create it at the root level of the drive
    representing your phone, not as a subfolder of another folder.)
    Although this warning could be specific to the Photo application automatically creating albums, I worry that this implies that you won't be able to navigate to files in subdirectories at all.

Flat file systems are simpler for casual users, but there's a reason essentially any significant operating system supports nested directories - they just work.

On my Treo, I actually prefer reading books in eReader or Mobipocket, but keep TealDoc around specifically because it isn't locked to a fixed handful of NVFS folders, instead allowing you to navigate subdirectories to organize your book collection. I use AcidImage for picture viewing for the same reason - robust subdirectory support, so I can organize my files.

I'm wanting that flexibility on all my Pre apps, but worry we won't see it in the initial release.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I'm sure its fun to browse the app store on your phone and download apps to it, but I would like to see a web version. It would be easier to browse the applications on my PC and then queue up the downloads for the next time i'm on my Pre. Kind of like xbox live does.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Wow,no one mentioned File Browser access, like the ability to "Save as..." from the web.
    Also delete. Did you read that in order to delete videos, you needed a computer (to be in USB mode)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
    CALENDAR SEARCH

I will not get a Pre until this is released/announced. Hell, I'll probably end up renewing a 2 year ATT commitment by getting a new iPhone because this lack of a feature.
    You can search iPhone's calender?
    Multitasking
    Copy & Paste
    MMS

oh wait...am I on the wrong forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Multitasking
    Copy & Paste
    MMS

oh wait...am I on the wrong forum?
    OK, that was funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    This is a stupid question but is the center button an actual LED? I haven't seen it and they can't add an LED OTA
    I could very well be losing my mind, but I could have sworn that the darned thing did light up for gestures...
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i wanna be able to play POSTAL BABES MOBILE on my pre....

o wait you will soon, cuz were making it....if we can!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    I'm still looking for Desktop Sync capabilities. Even if its only with Outlook. Does this constitute a 3rd party solution?
    Today/Tomorrow screen, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I'm still looking for Desktop Sync capabilities. Even if its only with Outlook. Does this constitute a 3rd party solution?
    Probably.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    You can search iPhone's calender?
    with the OS 3.0 update you'll be able to. that update will also have spotlight which will allow the whole device to be searched. if Pre truly cannot search it's calendar then I'll have to stay with my iPod touch for now, bummer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast