1.    #1  
    So what's the scoop so far for us corporate types???

Exchange EAS??

Lotus Domino??

Email is the easy part... what about the calendars?

Thanks!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    EAS for Exchange is supported out of the box. I've heard murmurings from Novell about future EAS support for GroupWise. I've heard nothing about support for Domino servers.
  3.    #3  
    What about workarounds?....

Sprint Mobile Email Work?

Companion Link?

Anything?!? I really want a Pre, but access to Lotus is mandatory...
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post

Companion Link?

I haven't heard anything about Sprint Mobile Mail, however, I've heard a rumor or two that Companion Link is working on a soultion for the Pre, but haven't heard specificially that it would be for Lotus. I also know that Chapura (Pocket Mirror) is working on a Pre solution, but they haven't announced specifics yet either, and theirs is more likely to be an Outlook solution.

I suspect you're going to have to wait a bit until Palm and third party companies start announcing their apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post

Companion Link?

I'm currently one-way mirroring my Lotus Notes work calender up to Google calendar using Companion Link and it works fine.

I haven't made an attempt to do two-way syncing due to some bad experiences using a different product to sync Notes with Palm desktop. Not saying Companion Link wouldn't work just fine two-way, only that I've been burned before so that I'm not willing to experiment in a widely shared environment like a corporate implementation of Lotus Notes.

End result though is that I have my Lotus Note meetings up on gCal, where I then sync them down to my Treo 755. I intend to use the same system with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I'm currently one-way mirroring my Lotus Notes work calender up to Google calendar using Companion Link and it works fine.

I haven't made an attempt to do two-way syncing due to some bad experiences using a different product to sync Notes with Palm desktop. Not saying Companion Link wouldn't work just fine two-way, only that I've been burned before so that I'm not willing to experiment in a widely shared environment like a corporate implementation of Lotus Notes.

End result though is that I have my Lotus Note meetings up on gCal, where I then sync them down to my Treo 755. I intend to use the same system with my Pre.
    It sounds like this may be a workaround for TechieChick then. Use CompanionLink to sync to gcal, then have the Pre pull down gcal's calendar.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Just dont let your corporation know you have their meeting notices on a public calendar.
    This is why i am still hopeful for a 3rd party app to sync outlook locally to PRE over bluetooth or wifi (same could work for LOTUS Cal).
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
  8.    #8  
    I'm now using CompanionLink to sync my Lotus up to my Google Calendar, two way sync!!
    It works beautifully!!

And did I mention that it works beautifully on my new Pre!!!! That's right, got it last night!!!

PS. Google Calendars are not all public, just watch your settings. By the way, I'm the IT Director and I'm fine with setting this up for anyone else in the organization that wants it!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

9. enjoyingsilence
    Are there really that many people still using Lotus? I know Exchange isn't the end all to end all (personally I hate it).. I grumble to myself when I have clients that want it installed, configured, or migrations from 2k3 to 2k7.. Or heaven forbid. Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2k3..

Exchange 2010 looks good.. I pulled it off technet a few days ago.. just haven't installed it.
  10. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It sounds like this may be a workaround for TechieChick then. Use CompanionLink to sync to gcal, then have the Pre pull down gcal's calendar.
    That provides for a number of SPOF's .
    @techiechick and anyone else who has CL syncing Lotus Notes to Google Calendar

Do you have meetings where the scheduler is in another timezone? Do you have those displaying as you expect on your Google Calendar? I cannot seem to get that right. And thus it's not right when it's sync'ed to the Pre. I am running CL 3.0 (build 3066). Any clues are welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by RaleighPalm; 07/31/2009 at 07:53 PM.
    [QUOTE=RaleighPalm;1795688Do you have meetings where the scheduler is in another timezone? Do you have those displaying as you expect on your Google Calendar? I cannot seem to get that right. And thus it's not right when it's sync'ed to the Pre. I am running CL 3.0 (build 3066). Any clues are welcome. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm working with CL support. They're very responsive and their fix is in the works.