Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    perhaps todays big announcement.......

Scooplet: the Palm Pre syncs with iTunes - Apple 2.0
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If that is the 'Big' announcement, I will be pretty disappointed.
    this is really a sigh of relief for me. I'm a Mac person, so this was the dealbreaker.

BTW, I'm switching from the iPhone to the Pre come June 6th.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    But still, it is not a bad thing. That would give people the option of avoiding the major hassle of copying back and forth via USB. For me, at least, this would be a decent positive.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    But... one has to think that Apple will find a way technologically to stop this... would compete with sales of iPhones, iPods.
    oh man if it actually syncs with itunes, it actually makes it even tougher to deal with the 8gb's considering my music collection is over 30gb's.
    There are several Itunes plugins that already allow you to sync Itunes with any USB mass storage (which is what the Pre is). So an Itunes sync annoucement is very unlikely since it has always been possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    But... one has to think that Apple will find a way technologically to stop this... would compete with sales of iPhones, iPods.
    Yeah, but....wouldn't Apple benefit from all of the sales of music downloaded to your Pre?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm skeptical about this... at best.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave View Post
    Yeah, but....wouldn't Apple benefit from all of the sales of music downloaded to your Pre?
    Supposedly the iphones store doesn't make them money- it is the sales of equipment.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    oh man if it actually syncs with itunes, it actually makes it even tougher to deal with the 8gb's considering my music collection is over 30gb's.
    No kidding. I have 18 gb's of music and would have to cut it to one third to have enough room on the Pre to allow for it, the system software, and 2500+ work contacts. That's why I hope their secret feature is 16 gb option.
    No kidding. I have 18 gb's of music and would have to cut it to one third to have enough room on the Pre to allow for it, the system software, and 2500+ work contacts. That's why I hope their secret feature is 16 gb option.
    Keep dreaming
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    You can sync iTunes with Blackberry now too. Why would this be different?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I don't use iTunes, and don't plan on using my Pre as a music/entertainment device. I might throw a handful of MP3s on to use for ringtones, but it's never been my intent to use the phone for much more than calls, texting and mobile internet access.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    You can sync iTunes with Blackberry now too. Why would this be different?
    Doesn't it involve some kind of add on software that is not exactly as seemless as with iTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    There are several Itunes plugins that already allow you to sync Itunes with any USB mass storage (which is what the Pre is). So an Itunes sync annoucement is very unlikely since it has always been possible.
    Very true... I have been syncing varies WM & BBs via USB Mass Storage and various iTunes plugins
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Very true... I have been syncing varies WM & BBs via USB Mass Storage and various iTunes plugins
    I feel like I have to spray bug spray every time you post!
    There's no way this is the big announcement today. I don't think this is that big a deal. It's nice, no question, but there have always been ways to get your itunes music on the Pre because of the USB mass storage.

Although, this could be a small portion of a list of things that together could comprise the big announcement. Maybe instead of 1 big thing there are 10 small things?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I used to want to have all my music on me but it's really unnecessary especially on a phone. Think of managing it like a big CD. 4 GB or about 1000 songs is plenty to put your favorite songs plus recent albums. Of course, it's always the more the merrier in terms of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There's no way this is the big announcement today. I don't think this is that big a deal. It's nice, no question, but there have always been ways to get your itunes music on the Pre because of the USB mass storage.

Although, this could be a small portion of a list of things that together could comprise the big announcement. Maybe instead of 1 big thing there are 10 small things?
    It might not be the biggest announcement but it's big for a lot of iTunes users (which I'm sure there are plenty of) and Mac users. Windows users gets Windows Media to sync so why can't Mac users get an equivalent? I hope this is true because I searched for iTunes in the User Guide and it didn't show up at all.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    It might not be the biggest announcement but it's big for a lot of iTunes users (which I'm sure there are plenty of) and Mac users. Windows users gets Windows Media to sync so why can't Mac users get an equivalent? I hope this is true because I searched for iTunes in the User Guide and it didn't show up at all.
    I am a Mac user and I have always been able to sync any iTunes playlist to various Blackberrys, Windows Mobile Phones, SD Cards... anything that the Mac sees as Mass Storage. Either by a Script or a small program. I am amazed that someone who wants their iTunes music on a non-Apple device isnt aware of that.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast