Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by xumarklu View Post
    is itune that great?
    i prefer WM player
    It's really not great but it does what it sets out to do ok and (the important part) tons of people already rely on it because the iPods they've bought told them to use it. So it's just a good move to get that group feeling like they can plug and go, even if there are better options out there.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Storage wise, any product such as the Pre or iPhone that is meant to be an all in one device, must have a minimum of 16GB for me. Although i will allow exceptions. And as to the iTunes sync, i think that its just great. People who have an iPod can easily sync there stuff to the Pre. And who doesnt have an iPod?
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    This is a deal breaker for those who are Apple users. I'm getting the Pre just because it's Linux-based. I'll never go back to any Windows OS.
    Hear, hear. I'm hoping I can get down to a shell prompt with access to the filesystem and hardware. If so, then you'll see some REAL developer action for the Pre.
    And I bought a 2nd generation Apple ITouch a day or so off of Ebay...perhaps I dont need the ITouch anymore......gezzz

\IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    This is good news, but it makes it tougher to deal with the 8gb, as that won't hold my music collection. I'll just have to do frequent playlist updates.
    I don't understand why anyone thinks 8 GB is too little -- just use audio streaming, for chrissakes. I've got 95 GB of music on my home desktop, and I can listen to it all on my Treo 700 now, by streaming it to the phone (all the way to the car speakers, if I want).
    Quote Originally Posted by hamkins View Post
    I don't understand why anyone thinks 8 GB is too little -- just use audio streaming, for chrissakes. I've got 95 GB of music on my home desktop, and I can listen to it all on my Treo 700 now, by streaming it to the phone (all the way to the car speakers, if I want).
    I've only got 11 GB of music. And please don't say streaming is the solution to a lack of storage; this phone is trying for mass-market appeal, not the techies who roam the internet.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    The problem with storage to me, is that I'd rather have WAY too little, than somewhere in the middle. My iPhone has 16GB of storage, and I have an iTunes library of 41GB of music. I tried to just sync the best songs I had, but as I add more songs to my collection, that becomes problematic. I need a media player that has 64GB of storage or more, so I'm holding out for an iPod Touch with those capabilities. A 16GB Palm Pre just isn't going to do it for me any more than a 16GB iPhone does.

Additionally, I have a sneaking suspicion that the closer I get to using all the storage (within 2 GB's of the limit or so), the worse my iPhone becomes. Why? When it has no music on it (or a limited amount), it rarely crashes or acts buggy. The more I put in, the buggier it becomes. Right now the damn thing is almost unusable. I've resigned myself to just sync a couple workout playlists for the Pre, and keep the entirety of my collection on the yet-to-be-announced 64GB iPod Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamkins View Post
    There are two problems with this. 1 battery, 2 the amount of data consumed. If you streamed everything you could exceed the "unlimited" allocation and get shut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    The problem with storage to me, is that I'd rather have WAY too little, than somewhere in the middle. My iPhone has 16GB of storage, and I have an iTunes library of 41GB of music. I tried to just sync the best songs I had, but as I add more songs to my collection, that becomes problematic. I need a media player that has 64GB of storage or more, so I'm holding out for an iPod Touch with those capabilities. A 16GB Palm Pre just isn't going to do it for me any more than a 16GB iPhone does.

Additionally, I have a sneaking suspicion that the closer I get to using all the storage (within 2 GB's of the limit or so), the worse my iPhone becomes. Why? When it has no music on it (or a limited amount), it rarely crashes or acts buggy. The more I put in, the buggier it becomes. Right now the damn thing is almost unusable. I've resigned myself to just sync a couple workout playlists for the Pre, and keep the entirety of my collection on the yet-to-be-announced 64GB iPod Touch.
    I kind of agree with you. It is the attempt of having sufficient space which is annoying. I am not sure why they didn't include sd expansion. (other than wanting to sell a 16gb version in 6 months which is lame)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567