Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Apple does. On one hand it will help the iTunes, on the other it might hurt iPod/Nano etc etc sales.
    iTunes, while a huge source of revenue, has never been a huge source of profit. Like the App Store, iTunes exists as leverage for Apple's hardware products.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I just hope nothing happens between now and next satuday that will cause the Pre to get delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    iTunes, while a huge source of revenue, has never been a huge source of profit. Like the App Store, iTunes exists as leverage for Apple's hardware products.
    Sadly you are right... I dont think people should put much faith in syncing directly with iTunes. I would be surprised if Apple would allow it (direct syncing) to continue.

However, I have been syncing iTunes to Mass Storage Devices with a Script or 3 Party Programs for awhile... so its not that big of a deal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I always thought they made a boatload of cash on the ITMS and that iTunes was their way of getting that integrated into peoples' everyday media manager.
    Who WANTS to sync with iTunes?

drag and freakin' drop guys... you can't get easier than that.

I have an iPod--only because the headunit I have would only interface with one--and not a generic USB device, and I don't use iTunes. I don't like it when a company/software assumes you are a complete moron by default, and tries to sync/control everything for you.

I'll stick to WinAmp--thanks. I drag and drop files to playlists. For my other phones, I just drag and drop the files themselves. Even easier.

Perhaps people use iTunes because they are too lazy to properly-name their files, so they depend on iTunes to organize/rename them?
    iTunes is garbage, as most of us know, but many people, for some reason, love it.

This is a great play by Palm, because if Apple disables it, they will get tons of negative press.
    Dismissing something like Zune or iTunes in favor of drag and drop is silly sometimes.

For instance, I roll out of bed late for work, i just need to connect my zune while getting ready and i'm good to go.

No need to sit over the computer and pull files in.

Its ease of use. Yes drag and drop is good too but no need to dismiss automatic syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    iTunes is garbage, as most of us know, but many people, for some reason, love it.

This is a great play by Palm, because if Apple disables it, they will get tons of negative press.
    It really is total garbage, but for Mac users, it's what we ended up using as our default media manager. It'd just make it a bunch easier if I could sync one playlist from my iTunes to my Pre instead of trying to go through all my MP3s...
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Dismissing something like Zune or iTunes in favor of drag and drop is silly sometimes.

For instance, I roll out of bed late for work, i just need to connect my zune while getting ready and i'm good to go.

No need to sit over the computer and pull files in.

Its ease of use. Yes drag and drop is good too but no need to dismiss automatic syncing.

I agree with you. I use iTunes just because it is so simple. I don't have the time to sit there and go through my folders to drag and drop the files I want. Even if I did have the time, I'd rather spend it doing something more exciting then searching through all my folders. Besides, I purchase most of my music through iTunes anyways, so why not have one central place for everything? If the Pre came with software where you could purchase from it and store/sync it all in one application, I would switch to that. I just use iTunes because it's the simplest to use right now.
    I'm a PC (heh) and I love iTunes. I have a low power Windows box, running iTunes, that's on 24/7, fetches my podcasts and keeps my music collection. I just sit my ipod (a 1rst gen iPhone) on its cradle when I get home and that's it.

As a programmer, I also like that it's very scriptable. But that's a whole other thing.

I wonder how the Pre handles podcasts. Has anyone seen the podcast interface?
    I was just reading slashdot like I normally do about this time of day, and I saw this... Snap! Palm Pre Will Sync Seamlessly With iTunes | Gadget Lab | Wired.com What do you guys think of it? How long do you think it will last?
    This has been posted several times on here and I believe their is already a thread on it timmy the tool
  13.    #113  
    I think we discussed this in multiple threads starting yesterday.
    I thought someone had mentioned earlier that you wouldn't be able to download music. So I am confused by it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I thought someone had mentioned earlier that you wouldn't be able to download music. So I am confused by it.
    I heard you couldn't have any music on the Pre???
    is itune that great?
    i prefer WM player
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    I for one love itunes
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    you can download music from amazon. but not from the internet. if you click on an mp3 file on the internet it streams. but you CAN download music from amazon on the phone.
    <Merged>
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast