Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Well that confirms it. I will be getting the PRE on launch day!
    Not only is it doing music but photos and videos too!
    iTunes support confirmed for Palm Pre
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Does that qualify as the big news that none of the blogs suspected?
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Good news is better than no news...ya think??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Considering the size of the ipod / iTunes user base that is pretty big news.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Yes, yes it is. Maybe I should start learning how to use itunes. =P
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    This is good news, but it makes it tougher to deal with the 8gb, as that won't hold my music collection. I'll just have to do frequent playlist updates.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Pretty amazing, and it will sync photos to iPhoto as well... definitely levels the playing field a bit, but I agree that it's going to make that 8 GB storage feel like even more of a limitation now.

And I won't be surprised if Apple patches iTunes to prevent the Pre from communicating with it, although it's ultimately to their advantage to sell even more music, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I am sitting here asking myself that same quesiton. iTunes "sync'ing" really! That was the big news? This kinda feels like a let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    Pretty amazing, and it will sync photos to iPhoto as well... definitely levels the playing field a bit, but I agree that it's going to make that 8 GB storage feel like even more of a limitation now.

And I won't be surprised if Apple patches iTunes to prevent the Pre from communicating with it, although it's ultimately to their advantage to sell even more music, I guess...
    I don't think Apple will end up blocking the Pre communicating with it. Just as you stated they can sell more music. It would be hypocritical to turn their whole music library DRM free then prevent a device from no longer syncing with it.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    That's HUGE news. I will most likely be switching from my iPhone to the Pre now.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just a thought... Other than syncing music, photos and videos that EezeEpEe mentioned, would it be possible to sync App Store? Not necessary a full application that access iphone's OS, but through "Web Application". Don't know too much about App's store and their restriction so forgive me my ignorant. :-P
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm a bit let down, mostly because this was leaked this morning in a major news source so I figured it wouldn't actually be what the BIG news is.

While it doesn't impact me much as far as making me run out and get it, IF they're able to advertise that it'll work with itunes then this is great. If they can't advertise this fact then the impact of it will be relatively light I think.
    i don't even know how itunes works or what the benefits are...ive never ever used it.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    But no Podcast support!!!!!!!
    Was that specified?
    If apple allows it (skeptical here), its a great move for Palm. Personally, i'd rather have Palm create their own itunes like app.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'd be more excited to hear that it synced with Songbird.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    For a lot of us 8GB is NOT enough! I'm pushing about 50GB in music alone (not counting videos, podcasts, etc). The 8GB limit didn't bother me before because I didn't know it could sync with iTunes. I'd love to dump my iPod and carry just one device. That was one of the main appeals of the iPhone to me.

I know...I can still do it, it's just a pain swiping out old stuff for new all the time. I so wish there was an SD slot!

Still, it's no where near a deal breaker. Come June 6th I'll be up bright an early!!!
    I have 1TB (tera, not giga) of music on my home computer. 6GB is about all I need for my iPod Touch. I have the 10 or so full albums that I listen to frequently. A good playlist of singles (genius is good for this)...and then room for new stuff that I listen to and then often delete. With the mix of Pandora and my old standby's I'm more than good with 8GB. Of course, more space is always better but if I had the option between an 8GB and paying $100 more for a 16GB I would stick with the 8GB.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    I'd be more excited to hear that it synced with Songbird.
    That's kind of a given! Why announce something that is already built in? I don't really like Songbird but it's open source right? So it will probably get addons for the Pre as well. Anyway, I would expect it to work.

I hate iTunes but this is a huge deal for the Pre....makes switching a lot easier for a lot of people.

USB mass-storage device - Songbird Add-ons
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast