1.    #1  
    So first let me state my questions.

1. Is there a way to lock the screen like on the iphone? so when its in my pocket it does not touch the screen and press things?

2. When I get a new text/ email / missed call will there be something tell me the number I have? like if I have 2 text will it say " 2 text, emails , missed calls " on the screen?

and one thing i keep hearing about that is bad about the pre is that if i put facebook on my phone, it automatically puts all my friends contacts in my phone... i have over 1000 friends on facebook and REALLY dont want any of them in my phone, can I stop this somehow?

thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    So first let me state my questions.

1. Is there a way to lock the screen like on the iphone? so when its in my pocket it does not touch the screen and press things?

2. When I get a new text/ email / missed call will there be something tell me the number I have? like if I have 2 text will it say " 2 text, emails , missed calls " on the screen?

and one thing i keep hearing about that is bad about the pre is that if i put facebook on my phone, it automatically puts all my friends contacts in my phone... i have over 1000 friends on facebook and REALLY dont want any of them in my phone, can I stop this somehow?

thanks guys

1. Yes

2. I think so but not sure. Voice mail shows for sure, not sure on emails or how notifications work with the messaging. It does tell you not sure if it says how many.

Don't sync facebook until they fix it then because you will end up with them on the phone if you do. Hopefully something they fix soon and I'm not sure why they thought it was a good idea to do it that way in the first place.
    Yeah, I can't wait until the fiancee sees a bunch of ex's and other random girls in my contact list. I'm already thinking how to explain it. :-)
    Last edited by Captweez; 05/27/2009 at 10:56 PM.
    It's all or nothing for Facebook. I have about 300 so I don't mind because I don't friend people I saw once in the supermarket (and then turn around and blame Palm that my Facebook is full of strangers) so having a hundred or so extra isn't a big deal due to the universal search and contact shortcuts in the Pre.

On a more serious note some people do have tons and tons of acquaintances on Facebook who they will never email or call so the Facebook sync is not something they would want to use unless an update/change is announced, unless they are happy using universal search, speed dial and shortcuts in the launcher. For thousands, I wouldn't recommend it, but if it's just 200 or so I don't see the big deal at all.
    I am more worried about finding a Pre right about now!

thanks guys
    It's automatic but it's an option. Just don't add your Facebook account to the contacts preferences and settings.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Nope. I never really used facebook for looking up contact info anyway. People make stuff up, and most people don't fill in any useful info on the contact sheet. This will be great though; people will stop adding random people to their friend list on facebook !
    What if you dont synergize Facebook formally, but you add individual contacts' Facebook info?
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Nope. I never really used facebook for looking up contact info anyway. People make stuff up, and most people don't fill in any useful info on the contact sheet. This will be great though; people will stop adding random people to their friend list on facebook !
    I find that most people don't make up stuff but actually don't even fill it in. Of my 530 friends only 84 actually put their number. Only 1 put something dumb with text. When I get this phone I'm going to ask for people who actually share their numbers and emails to make sure they're updated so my cool new Pre can be to. I'm also going to put on my status, "Who needs a BBM pin when nearly everyone has AIM!" I'm so tired of everyone announce BBM pins. lol.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/28/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    It's automatic but it's an option. Just don't add your Facebook account to the contacts preferences and settings.
    so I can " uncheck " it and still have the facebook app but not have my 1000 friends contacts?

also anyone know my question number 2?
    It shows an icon in the notification area for voicemails and I believe missed calls. You can tap on that and it'll show the number of voicemails, and the missed calls or emails or whatever.
    so I can " uncheck " it and still have the facebook app but not have my 1000 friends contacts?

also anyone know my question number 2?
    Yeah the Facebook app is just for viewing Facebook. It has nothing to do with Synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It shows an icon in the notification area for voicemails and I believe missed calls. You can tap on that and it'll show the number of voicemails, and the missed calls or emails or whatever.
    He's right. Page 74 of the User Guide says the following:
    Tap a notification to act on it. (If a notification icon has a number on it, the number
    indicates how many items are included in the notification—how many voicemail or email
    messages you have, and so on.)

13.    #13  
    awesome, thanks guys
    I'm on MySpace, not Facebook, but am considering getting an account to have it link with my Pre. I will just make sure to keep my friends list exclusive.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Can someone clarify my logic for me?

The cool part about syncing with facebook is that when your friend updates their facbeook picture, it automatically updates on the phone. I saw this feature right when they announced the phone at CES, but I dont know if it still does that. Does it override any other photo you have for your contact?

Thus, if you have 1000 contacts, CONSTANTLY updating photos, espeically of useless people you don't want on their, I kind of see that as a HUGE battery drain.
    on the facebook issue.

i play mafia wars and have added a lot of random people because of that. HOWEVER i have them in a folder marked mafia to keep them separate from people i actually know.

i am wondering if this will help keep unwanted contacts out of my pre. if i can select what folders. or if i can folder my contact on my pre, business contacts, regular friends, acquaintances, regular girlfriends, in-case of emergency girlfriends, chuck norris....... you get the point. that would be a great feature
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Can someone clarify my logic for me?

The cool part about syncing with facebook is that when your friend updates their facbeook picture, it automatically updates on the phone. I saw this feature right when they announced the phone at CES, but I dont know if it still does that. Does it override any other photo you have for your contact?

Thus, if you have 1000 contacts, CONSTANTLY updating photos, espeically of useless people you don't want on their, I kind of see that as a HUGE battery drain.
    I'm curious about whether it overrides the photo too. I'm guessing it doesn't but fills in the blank once. I doubt that it'll be constantly updating photos. It probably updates them when you scroll or access a contact. Of course that's only a guess. Also I have about 500 contacts and I'd say not even half update their profile pic even once a week. I don't see it being a big drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    on the facebook issue.

i play mafia wars and have added a lot of random people because of that. HOWEVER i have them in a folder marked mafia to keep them separate from people i actually know.

i am wondering if this will help keep unwanted contacts out of my pre. if i can select what folders. or if i can folder my contact on my pre, business contacts, regular friends, acquaintances, regular girlfriends, in-case of emergency girlfriends, chuck norris....... you get the point. that would be a great feature
    Do you think the game apps will be playable on the PRE? I play fashion wars and a couple other apps.