Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anyone ask this yet, and I didn't see any reference to it in the users guide that came out this morning, but will I be able to use Exchange Active Sync to my home Exchange server (SBS2008) if I have only a self-signed certificate for SSL instead of a purchased cert? I know with a Windows Mobile device I could copy the .cer file and import it to get it to work, but I haven't seen any mention of importing a certificate to the Pre. If it is not possible to import a certificate, is there any documentation on what registrars are trusted roots? I believe that the cheap registrars like Godaddy were not trusted on the PalmOS (at least for my Treo 700p) and I don't want to spend $1000/yr or more for a certificate from Verisign or others. Thanks for any info anyone has!
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthe View Post
    I haven't seen anyone ask this yet, and I didn't see any reference to it in the users guide that came out this morning, but will I be able to use Exchange Active Sync to my home Exchange server (SBS2008) if I have only a self-signed certificate for SSL instead of a purchased cert?
    Page 185 of the User's Guide:

Add a Certificate
    You can install a certificate that is located in the USB drive storage on your phone. To copy a certificate into USB drive storage, see "Copy Files Between Your Phone and Your Computer" on page 81.
    1. Open Device Info
    2. Tap More Info
    3. Open the application menu and tap Certificate Manager
    4. Tap + and tap the certificate name.
    I also hear that you can email yourself a self-signed cert and tap it to import it.
    I don't think self-signed certs are going to be a problem.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ahh, I thought I had read all of the guide that related to email and sync, guess I missed a spot. Thanks muchly!