1.    #1  
    I'm hoping Palm announces a way to sync Outlook as a cloud source at launch. In case they don't, my backup plan was to use a hosted Exchange account for about $10 a month. I like Google Sync, but it only does calendar...no contacts/tasks/memos sync.

Anyway, I was reading another post and someone mentioned CampanionLink for Google. I decided to download the Trial and test it out. There is a drop down menu that asks what mobile device you use. To my surprise, one of the options is the Palm Pre.

Since the Pre will sync to Google on its own (I don't plan to sync directly to it from Outlook) it almost doesn't matter. I just thought it was interesting that the Pre was already listed there!

Just thought I'd share with any others who are looking for a similar solution...
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 05/27/2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I see that, pretty new, I think. But, note that this particular product doesn't really have anything to do with the phone (of whatever flavor). It's a solution for syncing desktop software (e.g., Outlook, Palm Desktop) to Google. Then, Google handles the syncing to the phone, completely independent of Companionlink.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I see that, pretty new, I think. But, note that this particular product doesn't really have anything to do with the phone (of whatever flavor). It's a solution for syncing desktop software (e.g., Outlook, Palm Desktop) to Google. Then, Google handles the syncing to the phone, completely independent of Companionlink.
    I know, my main concern was syncing contacts/calender/tasks between Outlook and Google. I'll let the Pre do OTA syncing to Google. I just thought it was interesting that the Pre was even listed there.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    It shouldn't be a surprise the Pre is there. They announced support for the Pre a bit ago.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5.    #5  
    Something interesting that I found on their webste...

"We look forward to Palm announcing a Synergy SDK to allow CompanionLink to synchronize Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT! by Sage, Outlook Business Contact Manager, and Novell GroupWise data directly to the Palm Pre. Until that time, our currently available products will support the early adopters of the Palm Pre. As we improve our products, Palm Pre users will be able to upgrade without charge by downloading from our website," says Bruns.
    Here is the link...
    Sync Microsoft Outlook to Palm Pre Using Google | CompanionLink Software

Hmmm...I wonder if this is one of the "secret" features that is suppose to be announced shortly...
    Time to get VIRAL
    Wonder if their direct sync will support PD then.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Dieter posted a couple days ago that Chapura will have a sync program to sync directly via USB with Outlook.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1616575
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners