Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    As a continuation of the topic, what are the best hosted EAS providers currently?

In the past (those dark Windows Mobile using days! ) I used mail2web's free service. It seems that is no more, so what are the options for free or cheap consumer EAS hosted services now?
    When I read about the Pre I decided hosted exchange was the best way to go for me (rather than google or facebook or some other option). I set up an account with Sherweb and have been pretty happy with it.

Having hosted exchange almost eliminated the need to Hotsync for me and I only Hotsync now for backup purposes and Tasks (since Tasks don't sync on the Centro with an Exchange account).

I looked at several options - Sherweb, Appriver, 1and1, 123Together, and others. I have no idea if Sherweb was the best choice but it is reliable and does what it says and has a high mailbox size which was important to me.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    When I read about the Pre I decided hosted exchange was the best way to go for me (rather than google or facebook or some other option). I set up an account with Sherweb and have been pretty happy with it.

Having hosted exchange almost eliminated the need to Hotsync for me and I only Hotsync now for backup purposes and Tasks (since Tasks don't sync on the Centro with an Exchange account).

I looked at several options - Sherweb, Appriver, 1and1, 123Together, and others. I have no idea if Sherweb was the best choice but it is reliable and does what it says and has a high mailbox size which was important to me.
    Good info.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Actually, I don't believe that I was rude at all. I provided him an opportunity to learn for himself. I then offered to answer any questions that he might have as a follow-up.

So I was expecting too much from the OP to try and find the answer to his question on his own, before posting in the forums? I must really be out of touch then....
    Well, I'm not busting anyone's chops (and certainly not yours). Indeed, it was an opportunity for the OP to learn something about the search functions, no doubt.

When I searched the forums for "EAS", I found lots of threads that mention it, but none of them really explain it in simple terms. It's always buried in other topics and not really explained. In fact, I've seen many topics where people confused EAS with Outlook and ActiveSync. They are very different things, but that is never made clear.

So I took it upon myself to clarify it. And yes, I called out the snippy and facecious comments (not necessary from this thread, just in general). I figured I'd lend a hand instead of biting one.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well, I'm not busting anyone's chops (and certainly not yours). Indeed, it was an opportunity for the OP to learn something about the search functions, no doubt.

When I searched the forums for "EAS", I found lots of threads that mention it, but none of them really explain it in simple terms. It's always buried in other topics and not really explained. In fact, I've seen many topics where people confused EAS with Outlook and ActiveSync. They are very different things, but that is never made clear.

So I took it upon myself to clarify it. And yes, I called out the snippy and facecious comments (not necessary from this thread, just in general). I figured I'd lend a hand instead of biting one.
    I understand why you chose to explain to the OP, I believe the OP would have been better served by trying to find it himself. Wikipedia has a wonderful explanation...

The OP stated that they probably would get hammered for asking the question, so they obviously understood that it probably warranted a little searching.

I appreciate your explanation and probably could have been a little more helpful myself, but I think I'm starting to get grumpy in my old age (28). Everyone wants someone else to do the work for them....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    does MSFT offer their own fee-based hosted Exchange service??? i don't trust these "mom and pop" operations. the last thing i need is my data to be run from some guy's server out of his one bedroom apartment in Queens.

Hosted E-mail from Exchange Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    does MSFT offer their own fee-based hosted Exchange service??? i don't trust these "mom and pop" operations. the last thing i need is my data to be run from some guy's server out of his one bedroom apartment in Queens.

You can't afford this. This is for corporations that want their email to flow in and out through Microsoft's servers for security, virus, and spam purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

Microsoft Exchange Online | Business Productivity Online Standard Suite
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12