Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Also (correct me if I'm wrong) but can't you pay for hosted Exchange service really cheaply? I have it through work but I've read about people letting you buy Exchange service for just this sort of thing.
    But it's not just about the money; there's also the security issue. I can't see Obama being allowed to use a Pre, and storing his calendar on a third party Exchange server for example!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I guess some of you people missed the Chapura thread from say, just a few days ago?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I guess some of you people missed the Chapura thread from say, just a few days ago?
    You mean this one?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1623027

We're still not sure whether it will sync Notes and Tasks, but all their previous versions of Pocket Mirror have.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    yep. and despite that website being up, their CS said they were still under NDA so she wouldn't comment further and said that webpage being public was an accident. So hopefully they'll expand on it after the 4th or 6th. Whatever day proves to be true for full disclosure for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    You mean this one?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1623027

We're still not sure whether it will sync Notes and Tasks, but all their previous versions of Pocket Mirror have.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Yes, you can. When the Pre was first rumored and there will only be "cloud" syncing and after I calmed down, I started reading about "cloud" computing and Hosted Exchange servers. I now have my own domain and have access to a Hosted Exchange server thru Sherweb for $8.95 a month. This is just $3 more than I was paying for just a pop email account.
    8.95 is over $100 a year on top of the dataplan. Its more expensive than the phone itself over the two years of the contract. You can have your own domain with google apps for $10 a year.
    Does anyone know if anyone has a desktop Outlook connector in the works which will allow my to sync email over the air, in real time, between the Pre and my desktop?

Currently the Seven applications (including Sprint Business Connection) work great for this but I don't know if they're developing anything for the Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12