1.    #1  
    Don't remember seeing this mentioned: in the leaked launch guide, it states that multiple Exchange Activesync accounts will be supported. The example lists quite a few.

Great news for folks who have EAS at work and who also want to use Google's EAS service.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Good find my friend.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    If this is true.............battery killer!!!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It says multiple accounts, but all of the examples were from the same server, so I'm not sure what "multiple accounts" actually means. Does it mean you can have multiple email addresses that are on the same exchange server or can you monitor multiple exchange servers? Big difference.

Will the Pre support multiple Exchange Accounts?
    The Pre is ideal for those who need to monitor multiple in-boxes.
    Palm Synergy allows one to have multiple Exchange accounts on the Pre.
    Examples:
    Manage your personal account, plus multiple aliases:
    Paul.Green@acme.com
    ITsupport@acme.com
    suggestions@acme.com
    Manage your person account, plus a test environment
    Bill.smith@acme.com
    Bill.smith@acme2007.com
    Last edited by dave75; 05/25/2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added text from Launch Guide
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Win.
    looks like it supports multiple mailboxes on the same EAS server - not multiple EAS servers.
    I was very surprised to see this, I think it is likely Gekko is correct. Not even WM supports 2 separate accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I was very surprised to see this, I think it is likely Gekko is correct. Not even WM supports 2 separate accounts.
    The EAS protocol is such that if you can do two accts on one server, you can do two accts on multiple servers. I'm not sure why people think battery life would suck for this, at least any more than having two push accts of any type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    looks like it supports multiple mailboxes on the same EAS server - not multiple EAS servers.
    You can add more than one MS Exchange server, it's not like a WinMo activesync where once you set a server you're stuck with it. It allows you to create Multiple Echange server accounts into the Pre. It also allows you to add multiple Google and Facebook accounts.
    I hadn't thought about multiple Exchange accounts! Synergy integrating all those calendars, contacts, emails... sweet. Great find!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I think it's an awesome selling point!
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    It's really odd they show in the leaked docs that they should push away some business users from the Pre. There are countless ways the Pre would be better for businesses than the Treo Pro.
    i'll be happy if the Pre can support ONE EAS account - correctly and flawlessly. the Treo/Centro/PalmOS/Versamail implementation of EAS leaves a lot to be desired.

"Palm's aging operating system, Palm OS, was originally created for a relatively simple personal organizer; it was then added to and patched up to do things like power a cell phone—a task it was never intended to perform. It was a bit like using a lawn-mower engine to build a go-kart, then adding a bigger chassis and turning the go-kart into a real car, then turning that into a plane, and then trying to make the plane fly to the moon. Palm needed a fresh start." - Dan Lyons
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    If this is true.............battery killer!!!
    Yea because you are forced to use 20 EAS accounts, right?