Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    So is your incoming server the same as your domain?

    For example... owa.[company name].com/owa/

    but for domain i would add the user name on the end?
    No. I have the incoming mail server set to https://mailbox.(company name).com
    Domain: In our case its our active directory name
    Username: What you use to login into OWA
    Password: Password
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    No. I have the incoming mail server set to https://mailbox.(company name).com
    Domain: In our case its our active directory name
    Username: What you use to login into OWA
    Password: Password
    I think what were confused about is your terminology (and Im speaking for myself)... what is an active directory name? In laymens terms, where did you find your domain, what is an active directory etc. Please spell it out for us nubs.
  3. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    So is your incoming server the same as your domain?

    For example... owa.[company name].com/owa/

    but for domain i would add the user name on the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    I think what were confused about is your terminology (and Im speaking for myself)... what is an active directory name? In laymens terms, where did you find your domain, what is an active directory etc. Please spell it out for us nubs.
    Windows Active Directory. On our company servers we have one login through active directory for multiple websites that are tied together.
    I don't know that your domain would be setup the same honestly or if its based on something else, so unfortunately I cannot be clear on where to find this.

    Personally I never used Outlook before my current job so thats all I can tell you on how I set mine up.
  4. #44  
    AD is where your accounts are stored. There is only one domain name on the exchange server. There is also the netbios name of the exchange server, don't confuse it with the domain name.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5. wj66's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #45  
    MY OWA/EAS partially syncs with my Pre; My Inbox syncs, my drafts sync and my deleted items sync, but neither my sent items nor my Calendar items sync.
    Anyone else? Any remedies?

    Thanks.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    AD is where your accounts are stored. There is only one domain name on the exchange server. There is also the netbios name of the exchange server, don't confuse it with the domain name.
    Where would i find the domain? in the URL? settings?

    Is it one of these?

    Outlook Web Access host address: https://owa......
    Outlook Web Access host name:
    Client Access server name:
    Mailbox server name:
    Exchange mailbox address:

    btw my logon has this: "Microsoft Office Outlook web access...connected to Microsoft Exchange."

    I dont think i use EAS, just exchange. Hope that makes sense, im a major newb in this area.

    Thanks!
  7. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I have what appears to be the EXACT same problem...help please!

    I don't quite understand your question and have only skim read through this thread but in relation to OWA (browser based access to your Exchange email) everything should work fine.

    In terms of the domain name, if the exchange web service is configured with the domain name you won't need it. You can find your domain name when you are in front of your work PC. Look at the screen when it is locked and you will see it shoudl state ...

    ..This computer is locked.....
    Only Domain\UserId (full name) or an admisnitrator can unlock....

    Use this same format DOMAIN\UserId to login to OWA via your Pre web browser.

    In terms of the experience, it gets better with the later the version of Exchange. Obviously Exchange 2010 (still in Beta) has the best cross browser fidelity.

    I hope the above was useful.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    I don't quite understand your question and have only skim read through this thread but in relation to OWA (browser based access to your Exchange email) everything should work fine.

    In terms of the domain name, if the exchange web service is configured with the domain name you won't need it. You can find your domain name when you are in front of your work PC. Look at the screen when it is locked and you will see it shoudl state ...

    ..This computer is locked.....
    Only Domain\UserId (full name) or an admisnitrator can unlock....

    Use this same format DOMAIN\UserId to login to OWA via your Pre web browser.

    In terms of the experience, it gets better with the later the version of Exchange. Obviously Exchange 2010 (still in Beta) has the best cross browser fidelity.

    I hope the above was useful.
    Thanks...let me clarify.

    Logging on at work is the same as logging on at home. It is just a website to go to and then logon.

    I can logon onto my account fine with the Pre web browser but was hoping to have it added to my email accounts and synching constantly. This is where server and domain come into play...
  9. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Thanks...let me clarify.

    Logging on at work is the same as logging on at home. It is just a website to go to and then logon.

    I can logon onto my account fine with the Pre web browser but was hoping to have it added to my email accounts and synching constantly. This is where server and domain come into play...
    OK, well just to keep things clear (incase it hasn't been said already) this is not considered OWA but is ActiveSync.

    The internal and external names are not always the same as some corporations use different url's for internal and external access.

    However assuming yours are the same I am not sure why this is a problem. Do you not know where in the Palm Pre activesync settings this information needs to be entered.

    Sorry if I am missing the point but assume I am starting with zero prior knowledge of this posting (which I basically am).
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post

    However assuming yours are the same I am not sure why this is a problem. Do you not know where in the Palm Pre activesync settings this information needs to be entered.
    So when i go to create a new account on my Pre...

    incoming server: https://owa.companyname.com/owa
    Domain: Leave blank or same as above?
    Username: same name i use to logon online
    Password: same i use to logon online

    The error i get is cannot conncect to server or wrong password/username.
  11. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    So when i go to create a new account on my Pre...

    incoming server: https://owa.companyname.com/owa
    Domain: Leave blank or same as above?
    Username: same name i use to logon online
    Password: same i use to logon online

    The error i get is cannot conncect to server or wrong password/username.
    If that is all that you get to type in then generally yes. Let me explain

    • Incoming server - would be the same URL as used when using the browser from outside your network (usually the same url when on the inside of the network)

    • Domain: Leave blank or DOMAIN as listed on your PC screen i.e. ABC.com

    • Username: same name i use to logon online - YES (you should also be able to leave the domain name field above blank and enter it here i.e. ABC.COM\UserID)

    • Password: same i use to logon online - YES


    Be careful as you may end up locking out your account. Are you able to use these settings from the standard browser on your PC from home?
  12. #52  
    i still get...unable to validate settings.

    I am not sure what to do next. I have tried tons of combinations for domain and incoming server and it wont work.

    Thanks for your help.
  13. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    i still get...unable to validate settings.

    I am not sure what to do next. I have tried tons of combinations for domain and incoming server and it wont work.

    Thanks for your help.
    I assume you have tried this from your PC browser?

    Some basic questions
    1. Do you know whether the company allows you to sync from outside the network? It would be unusual for a corporate not to do so but what the hell...
    2. Can you get to your Exchange techs and ask them what the settings are for the corporate standard PDA's (I assume Windoze Mobile)
    3. Ask them whether a device certificate is required
    4. Ask them whether they block access to activesync to a particular platform (some do this so only WM devices can connect)
  14. #54  
    Was able to get OWA working with my e-mail. It also synced my contacts, calendar and tasks.

    For those having problems finding your domain, your best bet is to contact your IT department/help desk, as the domain name is not always obvious.

    If you don't want your calendar/tasks/contacts to sync from OWA, then turn them off or remove them from the accounts menu in the appropriate app.
  15. #55  
    The easiest way to find out your AD domain name is to hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE on your workstation and lock it.

    It'll come up as the item value before your username that you use to login with, right before the backlash.

    So the whole string is "DOMAIN\username". Problem is, the Pre doesn't let you type backslashes in a textbox on a webpage (or at least *mine* doesn't, so I have to enter my entire User Principal Name - a different value [username@domain.com]) to make it work. However, from things that I've seen on some update slides, that issue (using alternate characters in web textboxes) might be fixed soon.

    However, your companies' domain name (blah dot com), for example, may be different from the internal domain name (newyork dot blah dot ad dot com) they use for Active Directory. As a matter of fact, that's the preferred method.

    So how do you find out your UPN? Generally, the UPN suffix (the domain part) will match the same domain as your workstation. Here's the way to find out *if* you have correct permissions:

    1. Right click on "My Computer"
    2. Go to the "Computer Name" tab
    3. Under "Domain", that should match your UPN suffix.
    4. Your entire UPN string should be username@domain from Step 3.

    Enter the UPN string in the username block for OWA.
    Enter the password.

    That should work. It would be much easier if we could put in backlashes, but until Palm fixes that issue, we're stuck with the UPN.
    Last edited by kwbunn; 07/17/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    Yes, I work for Microsoft. No, I don't drink the Kool-Aid.
  16. #56  
    OWA and Pre - not working! Choices on setting up new email account are
    IMAP, POP, Exchange EAS, Gmail, Yahoo. Internet email works fine with multiple accounts pretty well.

    Company OWA email - different story!
    Exchange selected. Email address entered. Incoming mail server -4 areas to enter data

    1.Server Name - says enter server name - https://mailus......com/owa and I've tried without https:// - not working.
    2.Domain -entered same as above with and without https://
    3.Username -both email tried and username given to acces OWA online - no luck
    4.Password - pretty simple here.

    I've tried a few things different, but have not had any luck getting it to work. The only thing to do now is consider the phone isn't working correctly on data. My initial install wouldn't update regularly and the only way to get it working was to uninstall and start over - not sure if that affected this or not. At times the phone doesn't seem to work right, so might be a device issue.

    Any insight is appreciated.
  17. #57  
    I GOT IT WORKING!
    Enter server name - https://mailus......com/owa
    Domain - first part of the ID - before the\
    Username - after the\
    Password - simple.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions