Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Thanks for the distinction between ActiveSync and OWA. I use a Mac and use ActiveSync with Kerio Mailserver which is like Exchange. Anyone heard if it will work with the Pre?
    Not been able to make it work yet. I run a Kerio server (version 6.7) on OS X server and the Pre will connect to it using EAS and sync everything once but after that initial sync, it will no longer sync anything in either direction. Been reading that this is not an isolated problem. Some people report no problems with EAS account and many report the same issues I am seeing where it does not sync. I've reported it to Kerio but I am guessing this is more of a Pre issue than Kerio since my Palm Centro and iPhone work perfectly with Kerio but the Pre does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwachs View Post
    ... Pre will connect to it using EAS and sync everything once but after that initial sync, it will no longer sync anything in either direction ...
    Have you checked/reset the Pre's setting for sync frequency?

Open the inbox. Then tap the Application Menu (that's where it says Email with the down-arrow at the top left of the screen). From the drop-down menu, tap Preferences & Accounts. In the Accounts box, your EAS account should be listed (probably called simply "Exchange"). Tap it. Finger-scroll down to the Sync box. In the Sync box, the second line should say "As items arrive" on the left and "GET EMAIL" on the right. Tap Get E-Mail to see your options.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The active sync you use to get your email is properly called EAS: Enterprise Active Sync. It's completely different than the desktop sync method. Not only does the Pre support it, it is claimed to support muliple EAS accounts, which is something VersaMail on the Treo would never do.
    Close but EAS means Exchange Active Sync. Owa uses port 80 for non ssl and 443 for ssl. If the phone excepts these two ports OWA is going to work fine which I beleive most people have already figured out.

I do believe at this point that if you have multiple domains on a single exchange server and the domain you are trying to sync isn't the one on the self signed cert it doesn't work. If anyone else has had this issue please let me know if you have been able to add it into the pre.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Have you checked/reset the Pre's setting for sync frequency?

Open the inbox. Then tap the Application Menu (that's where it says Email with the down-arrow at the top left of the screen). From the drop-down menu, tap Preferences & Accounts. In the Accounts box, your EAS account should be listed (probably called simply "Exchange"). Tap it. Finger-scroll down to the Sync box. In the Sync box, the second line should say "As items arrive" on the left and "GET EMAIL" on the right. Tap Get E-Mail to see your options.
    Done and done. I've also hit the Sync Now button in mail and calendars and nothing new syncs in though I know there are changes.
    Regarding the Pre's syncing with Kerio Mail 6.7, there is a bug in kerio that is preventing this from working. It will sync once but after that a server side error prevents any future syncing. I expect an update from kerio within a couple days. Similar problems have happened with new phone generation releases, ie iphone, treo 800w, etc. Kerio has been quick on the updates for those phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    We have MS Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007, with a self signed SSL certificate. I am using EAS and have also confirmed that OWA does work on my Pre -- although the Pre seems to automatically use the "Web Access Light" version.

i tried to set up my OWA account by manually entering the OWA in the email setup.. and it almost worked! but we also have a self signed cert and i get an error saying the cert is not valid.. it would be nice for an "accept anyway"

But the more i use the phone the more i'm getting the feeling this is a "dumb smart phone" meaning there aren't to many customizable options anywhere.. this is so less of the "masses" can mess it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    i tried to set up my OWA account by manually entering the OWA in the email setup.. and it almost worked! but we also have a self signed cert and i get an error saying the cert is not valid.. it would be nice for an "accept anyway"

But the more i use the phone the more i'm getting the feeling this is a "dumb smart phone" meaning there aren't to many customizable options anywhere.. this is so less of the "masses" can mess it up.
    All you need to do is open the PRE web browser and navigate to the exact same address you are trying to use for your server. When you go to the site in the browser it will ask if you want to accept the certificate. Once this is done go back to the mail setup and you will not be asked about the certificate being invalid, it will work with no problems.
    I still cant get my owa to work.

What do i use for domain? How do i know if i need SSL or my OWA uses it?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that I am also a Pre user experiencing the "initial sync works but subsequent synchronizations silently fail" apparent Kerio / Pre bug. I use KerioMailHosting.com and they called Kerio on the issue and they are aware of the problem but apparently Kerio didn't promise any solution or timeline for a solution, though I certainly hope for a relatively quick fix. Since the initial sync works fine, just looking at this from a black box perspective without knowing the internals, it is likely not a major bug.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    A bit confused here. I use OWA for work....I can't add it as an email account?
    Also if you can will it syn contacts? I dont want it do that at all.
    Even after accepting the certificate in the browser, in trying to add the account to the Email accounts, I get an SSL error, asking if the date and time are correct. Which they are.
    Now what?
    Also, I actually only want to sync my contacts, not my Exchange email. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    A bit confused here. I use OWA for work....I can't add it as an email account?
    Also if you can will it syn contacts? I dont want it do that at all.
    Have you been able to add OWA to your mail accounts?

If so how?

My company wont allow the Pre to access the actual EAS, but using the Pre I can access my outlook email/calendar etc on the browser using the Webmail client. If I were to figure out the correct info could I actually back-door the Pre ban and get my emails/calendar (right now I do a Outlook>G-Cal Sync>Pre).
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Have you been able to add OWA to your mail accounts?

If so how?

My company wont allow the Pre to access the actual EAS, but using the Pre I can access my outlook email/calendar etc on the browser using the Webmail client. If I were to figure out the correct info could I actually back-door the Pre ban and get my emails/calendar (right now I do a Outlook>G-Cal Sync>Pre).
    Yes I was able to add mine. I just went to new email, put in my email address and password. Then on the setup screen I added my login name/pass, Domain, changed from POP to EAS and we use SSL.
    Yes I was able to add mine. I just went to new email, put in my email address and password. Then on the setup screen I added my login name/pass, Domain, changed from POP to EAS and we use SSL.
    Newb Question of the year: How do you determine your domain?

Also, when I go to the Company Web Exchange I run into this:

Does that throw a wrench into the whole thing?
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I tested it at the store and I believe it worked. I use it on my centro bec there's no way in hell my personal cell is going to get my work email pushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Newb Question of the year: How do you determine your domain?

Also, when I go to the Company Web Exchange I run into this:

Does that throw a wrench into the whole thing?
    I have what appears to be the EXACT same problem...help please!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what your domain is. But for ours its our Active Directory Domain so ***\Username the *** being the domain.
    I can access OWA with no problems on my Pre, but I cannot connect to EAS. I'm one of the unlucky ones whose Exchange server doesn't use SSL.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I can access OWA with no problems on my Pre, but I cannot connect to EAS. I'm one of the unlucky ones whose Exchange server doesn't use SSL.
    Same here. I have port 443 blocked in our firewall so we don't use SSL. I just have to wait for Palm to give an option to turn SSL off. Luckly I haven't had any co-workers ask me to setup any Pre's Until then, I just use OWA in the Pre's browser which works fine.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm not sure what your domain is. But for ours its our Active Directory Domain so ***\Username the *** being the domain.
    So is your incoming server the same as your domain?

For example... owa.[company name].com/owa/

but for domain i would add the user name on the end?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast