Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have a blackberry right now, and since I am a consultant I usually have at least two outlook account in my blackberry, my company's outlook through BES and costumers emails through BIS. I think the iPhone does not support that, does anybody know if the Pre will?

Thanks
    Outlook is not an account, it's a client. If you mean two Exchange server accounts, I think the answer is that we don't know. Seems like the design of the Pre could handle it, but we haven't heard.

I don't personally use a BB, so I don't know about BIS/BES and what that entails, but my guess is you have a second email account that isn't through work? If it's gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or IMAP or POP3, that shouldn't be a problem. The Pre will certainly support multiple email accounts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I think they way I configure my emails accounts is using activesynch or some variation of it to get my email for more several Exchange server accounts. The way you do this you go to sprint.blackberry.net and enter the owa address (url address to use the web client for exchange) plus your credentials and thats it , your emails are synch etc, althoug if you use BIS you can only see one folder for you email. If you use BES you can see your contacts, and other folders like sent email.
    A BB can attach to at most one BES server and an iPhone or WM phone to one Exchange Server. I would expect the same restriction in the Pre but the email client should be able to connect to other accounts via POP3 or IMAP.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    YEs but it also can attach through BIS to several Exchange Servers, Believe me I am doing it and has done it with up to 4 Exchange Servers. Hence the question about the Pre Supporting something similar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPre View Post
    YEs but it also can attach through BIS to several Exchange Servers, Believe me I am doing it and has done it with up to 4 Exchange Servers. Hence the question about the Pre Supporting something similar
    Presumably because the exchange server has POP3 or IMAP access enabled.
    With synergy the Pre should be able to connect to multiple exchange servers directly, without the use of IMAP. That would be very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    With synergy the Pre should be able to connect to multiple exchange servers directly, without the use of IMAP. That would be very cool.
    Seems like it should be able to, but since WinMo phone only connect to one via EAS, maybe not. There could be technical issues, or maybe licensing issues. Who knows?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just found the answer to this question on the Palm Pre Launch guide that another member uploaded.

Does the Pre work with Exchange ActiveSync?
    Yes! Users may synchronize to MULTIPLE exchange accounts on their Pre.

Will the Pre support multiple Exchange Accounts?
    The Pre is ideal for those who need to monitor multiple in-boxes.
    Palm Synergy allows one to have multiple Exchange accounts on the Pre.
    Examples:
    Manage your personal account, plus multiple aliases:
    Paul.Green@acme.com
    ITsupport@acme.com
    suggestions@acme.com
    Manage your person account, plus a test environment
    Bill.smith@acme.com
    Bill.smith@acme2007.com
    hmmn. i didnt think EAS could support this.
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,595 Global Posts
    More good news! This has ALWAYS been a feature I've wanted....
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    That is the best feature ever! (at least for people like me that have to monitor multiple e-mail accounts at work with exchange)

I have my personal e-mail, our support e-mail, and our questions e-mail address to monitor. Currently on my iPhone, for the last 2 accounts IT has setup some lame *** forward to pop solution that just doesn't work like it should...not to mention the e-mails are delivered via fetch instead of push!

I'm seriously excited about this feature, its huge, in my opinion.